Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the hatch/liftgate problems continue. Not only did my rear wiper stop working again and the bottom part of the hatch strut busted on the one side, but now my hatch/liftgate will not open at all. How can I get it open? This happened once before when my wife closed the netting in the lock. We cut a hole in the netting and it came open. There is no netting stuck in the lock this time. It just will not open. Can somebody help me out here?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
This is a easy fix!
Get a hammer and smash your rear window then tape plastic over the hole so you can have easy access to the back of whatever your driving.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I had the same thing happen. The rod that goes from the latch to the lever has fallen off. The bad part is there is no way to get to it while it is closed. The only way we can do it at the dealership it to drill a small hole 1" above or to the side of the handle. It needs to be no less than 1". We use a step drill. We use a small magnet in the hole to get the rod then pull sideway to open the back. Then you can get the plastic off to put it back together. fixing the hole is up to you.

:flipoff2::flipoff2:

·
Registered
386 Posts
It must be one of those new "hardcore" Volvo wagon wheelers I keep seeing on tv. It really sucks when you don't have anywhere to put the groceries:flipoff2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts