Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ive searched and cant really find a straight answer so im just gonna ask, what length limit straps should i go with for my 1 ton zj im building,has 7in claytons springs and long arms front and back,and 37's. sizes are 14"16"18"20"22"24"26"28"30"32". I appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hey guys ive searched and cant really find a straight answer so im just gonna ask, what length limit straps should i go with for my 1 ton zj im building,has 7in claytons springs and long arms front and back,and 37's. sizes are 14"16"18"20"22"24"26"28"30"32". I appreciate the feedback.
When I did my limit straps, I cycled the suspension and measured. Then I ordered some and I was still way off. If I were you, get some adjustable limit strap clevis', then go out and flex it out and measure where/what you need it. Then if you are off an inch or two, the clevis will correct it.

Edit: And don't forget the straps will stretch. My 17" straps stretched just over a inch.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
are you going to center limit? or limit at the springs? Either way you need to flex it out and measure. You want the straps just shorter then your shocks at full droop.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
It all depends on where you put them and where your driveshaft/brake lines let you droop to.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they'll be to limit the springs,but it seems like you guys said that ill just have to wait to cycle my suspension and go from there. As stated i dont want to tear up my shiny bilsteins just yet :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts