Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for info for a friend... not to familiar with the cruisers, just minis. His rig is a BJ45, the firewall axle code is K082, which I interpreted as a 4.11, 9.5" diff. He wants to go limited slip instead of a full locker, it's a DD and he doesn't want to tear it up. I'm familiar with the Tru Trac, and was happy with it in my DD, but couldn't find the 9.5" cruiser application listed ANYWHERE?? Any suggestions? (Hold the flames, and I'm positive he won't go to a full locker in his rig.) I already told him to get Precision Gears, and he wants to keep the same ratio. (The stock gears are TOAST.)

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Find an OEM LSD. I have a 4.56 LSD here at home thanks to rick d(mrwagon), although it requires a full float rear axle...

-Brett

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Diff options for the 9.5" Landcruiser:

ARB Air Locker
Auburn Pro (Limited Slip)
Detroit Locker
Lockright
OEM limted slip
Gov-Loc?
Power Lock?
No-Slip (Limited Slip)

Any others?

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Electric locker FJ80 for front or rear FF.

Lincoln(welded)

McNamara locker

OEM toyota cable locker

gearless locker(lockright clone?)

EZ locker(detriot version of lockright?)

Power brute LSD

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
cruiserbrett said:
Electric locker FJ80 for front or rear FF.

Lincoln(welded)

McNamara locker

OEM toyota cable locker

gearless locker(lockright clone?)

EZ locker(detriot version of lockright?)

Power brute LSD
Oh yeah... :D How did I forget those... BTW I have a Power Brute in a fine-spline 4.10 diff if somone wants it.... :D Didn;t think so... ;)

So is there any others... and does anyone have pics of the lockright clone? I have some of a gov-loc that came out of a parts truck, I don't think it was made for the Cruiser diff :D

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
I heard once that the internals of a cruiser diff and a 12-bolt interchange... yeah, i thought it was strange, too.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
cruiserbrett said:
Find an OEM LSD. I have a 4.56 LSD here at home thanks to rick d(mrwagon), although it requires a full float rear axle...

-Brett

I have always heard the Aussies bash the OEM limited slip, they say its worthless. No 1st hand experence on my part.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Eskimo said:
I heard once that the internals of a cruiser diff and a 12-bolt interchange... yeah, i thought it was strange, too.
Yeah, thats what I'm thinking on this gov-loc... I actually had a customer that needed one badly and was glad to use it... says it works fine in his 40... :D

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Landpimp said:

I have always heard the Aussies bash the OEM limited slip, they say its worthless. No 1st hand experence on my part.
no arguments here. paid $65 for the entire diff assembly with 4.56 gears, oem LSD, etc... I am just using the R&P for a spare e-locker.

-Brett

·
Registered
529 Posts
I heard Loc-Rite and EZ Lockers interchange with the Toy mini truck diff too ?
Anybody know if that is true? :confused:

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Mark '73 FJ40 said:
I heard Loc-Rite and EZ Lockers interchange with the Toy mini truck diff too ?
The spring and pins do, but I'm pretty sure the actual locker is bigger in the cruiser diff.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Just stop screw'n around and get an ARB. The best of both worlds. Although, a factory e-locker would be kind of cool! Anyone have one for sale?;)

·
Registered
881 Posts
Landpimp said:

All 60 series sold in Sweden have POS OEM limited slip and none is working.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
shaka 55 said:
Just stop screw'n around and get an ARB. The best of both worlds. Although, a factory e-locker would be kind of cool! Anyone have one for sale?;)
Are the ARB's coming free with the big windshield banner that says "ARE BOTH MY TIRES TURNING?" yet? :flipoff2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts