Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I put my DC longarms on and went with a longer RS9000x shock I need a limiting strap to keep my colis from falling out.

I'll be fabbing my own mounts for them but need to know how much they stretch so I can get accurate measurements as I want to get as much flex out of this as I can w/o relying on my shocks to stop droop.

I have a 99 Dodge Ram 1500 QC w/a locked 44 up front w/1 ton steering setup running 36" IROK bias on steel rock crawler rims for weight reference.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep, I'm looking for how much the straps will stretch so I can get accurate measurements w/o worrying they are going to stretch to the point I'm relying on my shocks to stop droop..

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you mean by "real straps"...? I was planning on getting them from 4W parts which I believe are the ProComp ones...

I don't really want to hear "shouldn't" as I want to get as much droop as possible and only want to make the mounts once...

·
Registered
114 Posts
make mounts with mulitple holes. If you stagger them correctly, you can get around 1/2" increments. Much less of a hassle than noticing you F'ed up measuring and welding on new tabs, just rebolt and go.

·
Registered
47 Posts
what´s the problem in using the shocks to limit wheel drop? as far as you don´t jump like a desert racer.
I use them like this for long and no problems so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts