Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local race track just made in mandantory to go FF in the rear so now the racers are selling there lincoln 9 inch rears, the question is simple...how hard and how much to convert the lincoln rear end with disk to 5 on 5.5, the one I am looking at now has moser shafts drilled for 5 on 5 with the rotars drilled and plugged for 5 on 5 as well...im not sure there is enough meat on the current rotor to drill 5 on 5.5...I was wondering if there is a rotor I could buy from the local auto store, then either get the shafts redrilled or buy new ones and sell the old ones ...Could I go real cheap and put early bronco drums on it and sell my brake set up that I would buy along with the shafts then get some new mosers for it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
seems like you could get new shafts and use CJ front (or other 5 on 5.5) rotors and retain everything else that's already on there

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
you could as long as the caliper brackets would work with the new rotors. But at most you would need new shafts,new rotors(either CJ or ford) and possibly some new caliper brackets which are easy to make or source for around 20$ you would just have to do some measuring before you go rotor shopping.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I have some spare CJ rotars sitting around so I might see what those will look like on there, if not Im not sure what I will do..I could get the shafts and If I cant find anything that works I will use EB or any 5 on 5.5 truck drums.

I could just drop 8 or 9 hundred and get all new everything...full floating:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts