Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im considering some sort of line lock setup. Lots of mud here and the ebrakes never last. Shutting down and firing up to hook up rigging everytime the winch comes out is getting to be a PITA. I looked into a DS brake, but I dont have enough driveline room to play with.

I havnt decided between just locking the front, or going through the effort of setting it up left and right side to use as cutting brakes and an ebrake.

Looking for some more experienced opinions.

Also favored setups. Old school lever? electric over hydraulic? other?

Thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
first off, the reason that your emergency brake is not working is because the rear brakes aren't adjusted so ir you hooked up the line lock to the rear brake it wouldn't do anything.

Other than that SEARCH

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AggieTJ2007 said:
first off, the reason that your emergency brake is not working is because the rear brakes aren't adjusted so ir you hooked up the line lock to the rear brake it wouldn't do anything.

Other than that SEARCH
Thanks tips.

E-brake is shit because its rear disks, and the inner roter setup sucks hind tit. They mud and wear to nothing to fast to bother replacing every few months. Line lock and e brake on rear disks is two different things.

I've searched this and havnt come up with SFA in regards to my questions.

Can you answer my linelock questions, or just wanted to spout? If not, fuck off an keep goin. :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Shmacck!

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
I've been using a simple Mico lock on the rear lines and it works just fine. You can find one at http://www.awdirect.com Just type the word "Mico" in the search window and it should show them to you. They have the best price price I was able to find ($189.99 for the single circuit lock). Good luck...

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have used a electric line lock for a few years now. Easy to plumb in and hook up. Only downfall I could see with an electric lock is if you lost battery power your lock would not work. But, you probaly have bigger problems than that if that happens!

Got mine off ebay ... tons of them for sale on there.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I liked the simplicity of the Mico lever locks and went with that one on my rig. Locks both rear wheels and while not a true cutting brake setup, it does allow me to do front digs to pivot the front of the jeep a bit. No need for electric power and no worries about an overheated solenoid unlocking and letting my jeep roll off the side of a mountain. If you do go electric, try to find one rated for continuous duty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts