Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know if line locks are allowed in comp, and what are the specifics.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If they are used as a mothod to turn the toy, are they considered turning brakes?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What thread, because the rules posted say no cutting, or turning bakes.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is anyone running rears in the front for springs, or do I need to rethink this as well?

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
IIRC two seperate line locks are allowed, one for front and one for rear. You just can't have left/right cutting brakes.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are the detriots working well to let the one side turn, or is it better to use a selectible, being on a budjet

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
ARB's no question. at least get one for the rear.

I have elocker HP front and its works for what we need, but I'd much rather have an ARB.

I'm also running rear springs upfront...they work good enough for me. haven't seen an aftermarket spring other than custom ones that gives me the length or the pin centers where I want them.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Yes you can run a line lock front and or rear but not left or right side. We use our front lock for doing rear burns when we can

·
Vendor
4,164 Posts
Are the detriots working well to let the one side turn, or is it better to use a selectible, being on a budjet
We're detroit/ARB. Had em sitting, working fine, but 2 ARBs would be better, then we can have another switch! :p

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
We define Cutting Brakes or Turning brakes as a brake that can lock a single wheel.

Skid steer is two wheels locked on the same side.

Those two examples are what I imagine are the techniques outlwaed in your class...however, locking up both front tires or both rear tires is legal.

Is that correct???

If so, Line Locks are legal as long as they are not set up to control an individual tire or two tires on the same side, but not the other side at the same time.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Is that what I missed on Sunday in Farmington? Forget to twin stick it?
Yup! Did a rear burn and put it back in 4wd. My spotter HT said burn it again, so I locked the front and dumped the clutch.... :nuke: Hopefully that's something I'll only do once....

BTW, HT is the Marlin Crawler teams crew chief. My spotter Chad got sick and HT was standing in for him.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ARB's no question. at least get one for the rear.

I have elocker HP front and its works for what we need, but I'd much rather have an ARB.

I'm also running rear springs upfront...they work good enough for me. haven't seen an aftermarket spring other than custom ones that gives me the length or the pin centers where I want them.
Last time out we noticed a crap load of axle wrap, and are debating if it is due to the pin being of set and making the long side weaker

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Last time out we noticed a crap load of axle wrap, and are debating if it is due to the pin being of set and making the long side weaker
It might have more to do with your shackle angle than your pin setting.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had not considerd that, and was wondering if the pinion needed to be kicked up a little.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts