Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to plumb my fuel system and brake lines. I was thinking -6 for fuel supply -8 return? Sound good? For brake line I was considering poly armour? Has anyone used it? Also can anyone recommend a master cylinder that work in a yj compatible with 1 ton brakes? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
What axles and brakes you running? There is a decent thread in modified Jeep about brakes. On my old 1 ton yj I had the usual 60 and 14 with disks and changed out to a e250 master cylinder (think thats it as it was like 10 years ago). It took a whole lot of adjustment to get it right but worked decently enough for it being a trail rig. I am hoping to do it way differently with my current tj on tons.............

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What axles and brakes you running? There is a decent thread in modified Jeep about brakes. On my old 1 ton yj I had the usual 60 and 14 with disks and changed out to a e250 master cylinder (think thats it as it was like 10 years ago). It took a whole lot of adjustment to get it right but worked decently enough for it being a trail rig. I am hoping to do it way differently with my current tj on tons.............
Thats the exact combo d60 front with 14bolt rear. Not looking to go thru a bunch of adjustments though. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
Thats the exact combo d60 front with 14bolt rear. Not looking to go thru a bunch of adjustments though. Thanks
This is what I am going to do since I saw it on here..............

Pull the stock prop. valve, use an adjustable for the rear and run hardline straight to the front. No need to change your M/C, it'll work great with the stock one.

·
blatant asshole
11,750 Posts
6/4 =3/8-1/4 which is what most everything is.

The vast, i mean 95% vast majority or brake line is 3/16- -3 line. Gm ran 1/4" from prop to rear t. Then 3/16 to brake ass. On the trucks.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
I can only comment on the fuel supply but for my mostly stock 5.3L I ran -6AN for both my supply and return on mine.

·
Registered
157 Posts
GM crate LS3 rated at 495hp, -6an from the pump up to firewall mounted regulator, -6an return back to tank. No issues with fuel delivery.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
The vast, i mean 95% vast majority or brake line is 3/16- -3 line. Gm ran 1/4" from prop to rear t. Then 3/16 to brake ass. On the trucks.
What's the reason for this? Is there any reason to stick with 1/4" versus changing to 3/16" when starting fresh anyhow?

·
blatant asshole
11,750 Posts
Idk. Id say hydrualic engineering has something to do with it.

But looking at older gm, dodge kp trucks were all 3/16 t'd to 3/16 to brakes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts