Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats wrong with a link end like this? I thing one of the yj coil kits uses this idea, but thats the only place Ive seen it, why? I cant think of anything help me out.
gray is link and frame mount, yellow are washers, red are bushings. you guys can visualise the nut on the back side, I didnt feel like drawing one. would be the frame end of the lower links on a front 3 or 4 link. There are many cars and trucks that use this setup in a-arm or macpherson front suspension on the tensile-compressive rod to handle braking and acceleration forces.
So why not in a linked SAS? I could weld the tc rod on my IFS into some tubing and reuse the factory hardware and bushings. It would see very similar loads as stock, so I think it would hold up. Or I could find something heavier (maybe a IFS Chevy?) and use its tc rod.

Attachments

· Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
redruM said:
my upper controll arms front and rear are ford radius arm bushings (11.00/pair) no problems yet (3 months)

dont ave any pics on this computer but i did post some a month or so ago search under my user name
I found those pics, thanks, looks awesome. Are you using rubber or poly and where did you get them? any guess as to what angles they could take reliably?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.