Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
whats the minimum OD and wall thickness recommended for uppers (and lowers) in a link suspension?

my lowers are 1.75'' .250 DOM, but it was $5.10/foot, i have many other chunks of tube from slider, bumper,exo leftovers and was hoping something would end up usefull. even schedule 40 pipe:D...

incidentally its a wishbone upper, itll have a ccrossbracce to further strengthen...

and its on a somewhat light toyota...not a 5500# scout on rockwells:D...

·
Registered
737 Posts
It sort of depends on what size heims (if you're using heims) you are planning for the frame ends of the upper wishbone? If they are gonna be 3/4", then most inserts I have used fit inot 1" ID tubing. I would say .120" tubing would be the minimum, with plenty of cross bracing.

I imagine the axle end is gonna be a large 1.25" heim or something?

Andy

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
i was looking at using 1" sch80 smls pipe wall is .179 or maybe 3/4 if it would work? it is .154 wall

bogger welds if this stuff will work let me know i can get this at work and possably get some for you. its just a thought. i am gonna waste so much pipe on my rig:(

jeff

·
Premium Member
4,527 Posts
1.75x.250 on all of my links

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
trd and tntoy can lick my sack:flipoff2:
everyone else gets a :beer:

i ended up having just enough to finish the job with 1.75" .250wall and the bracing with 1.75" .120wall. the frame has standard poly bushings and the axle is a 1 1/4" heim...

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I'm using 1.25 .250 wall dom for my front setup. It's worked well so far and I've slid and landed on tons of crap.

Easy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts