Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, my dad wants me to get a backup rig cuz i'm always either working on or breaking my jeep. he's a ford guy and i have no problems with broncos, so he wants me to get a bronco.

so what're some sites with info on broncos? i wanna know what i'm gettin into before i shell out $2k.

here's the deal on what i found: 87, 351 (wasn't the HO motor the only 351 available this year?), auto tranny (c6?), BWsumthingorotherxcase, 44TTB/8.8. decent shape, $2k total, drive it off the lot.

i just need some links or sites or books so i can figure out if this is a decent buy or not. thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
Go to the 78-79 series bronco's because the drive train is bullet proof, NP435 transmission, NP205 transfer case, D44 High pinion solid front axle and Ford 9" rear axle. Yank out the 351M/400M and drop in a 460 EFI engine (should bolt right in) tranny and transfer case can handle that power no problemo. I paid a $1000 canadian for my stock 78, and most body parts can be swapped off of any pre 80's ford pickups. Just my opinion! I had a 96 F150 with TTB D44 and it had lots of bumpsteer off road, with a smooth ford ride on the street!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I do have a 78 Bronco with an EFI 460, wasn't a bolt in persay, but its in there. 460 is a more common swap, and EFI adds a few new twists.swap page

1 - 7 of 7 Posts