21 - 40 of 298 Posts

·
5,906 Posts
If you are compiling just a list, do not forget:

John Stewart, KF6ZPL

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
I started a list, post up yours if you want it added or if you want yours deleted let me know. Also, check the list before you post to make sure you're not already on it. ;)

Updated 10/20/08 0649.

Aaron Boehm KI6ITK
Alfred Heck KI6QAE
Barbara Olsen-Arenz N6BOA
Bob White WO3B
Bryan Bunting KI6PZI
Chris Bassett(cbassett) KI6MKR
Deleted as requested via PM
Dale WB6MYR
Dave(Radio) KI6TMS
Dennis Mayer W2DWM
Doug Barr KE7HRX
Eric(URJB) KI6TMM
Glenn Reynolds KI6PZY
Jason Dunn (JDunn) KI6TLZ
jc jenkins (mrwizard) KI6TME
Jen(Sluice Sally) KI6TMA
JOE(BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER) KG6DHN (PCSSAR)
John Arenz N6YBH
John Stewart KF6ZPL
Katie Overmeyer K8OVR
Ken Hower KI6PZQ
Kurt Schneider (Kurtuleas) K6FOE
Lisa Heck(Redheck) KI6QAF
Liz White KG6TFW
Mark L.(Rubicrawler) KI6TMK
Marlon(Notpretty) KI6TMO
Marty(4x Station Wagon) KI6TMB
Merlin KC6BFV
Mike Overmeyer(Maniac) KI6MIK
Mike Vincent(MV) KI6MLP
Randii KI6MKV
renolaw KA7BAD
Rick Bailey(Jeeperrick) KI6TML
Rick(Broncrick) KE6DKQ
Robert Lightfoot KI6MLD
Ron Schmid(Rollie) KI6DCN
Rory Huber (rockalot) KI6TLV
Scott Johnston(cruzila) KI6TMQ
Scott McCullough KI6MLH
Steve Freeman KI6SIC
Steve Garcia KG6SWC
Steve Piazza KI6PZZ
Tim(Disco) KI6TMC
Tim Green KI6PPU
For you new radio folks that live in Sacramento, Stanislas County, El Dorado County, Vacaville, Marysville, Auburn and Tahoe there is another repeater to try and use. The repeater has voting receivers so the hand held coverage is quite good.

N6ICW
147.195 + offset
PL 123.0 Hz.

Have fun.

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
For you new radio folks that live in Sacramento, Stanislas County, El Dorado County, Vacaville, Marysville, Auburn and Tahoe there is another repeater to try and use. The repeater has voting receivers so the hand held coverage is quite good.

N6ICW
147.195 + offset
PL 123.0 Hz.

Have fun.
Yep, it has great coverage :smokin:

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Yep, it has great coverage :smokin:
The N6ICW system is outstanding. From Reno we can easily hit the 145.15 machine, sitting atop heavenly valley, and work from P-ville to GrassValley and all points in between and west of there. Awesome coverage. We've also hit it from Snake Lake as well.

mb

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Don passed today...so we will need to add another Creeper to the list once his ticket is posted!!!:D
Somebody PM me Don's phone number. He called me to get his radio (couldn't understand hs callback #), I sent him a couple of emails at the address he provided for the class several days ago, and no reply.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
Bryan Wheeler KI6TKK

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Correct, awesum coverage

The N6ICW system is outstanding. From Reno we can easily hit the 145.15 machine, sitting atop heavenly valley, and work from P-ville to GrassValley and all points in between and west of there. Awesome coverage. We've also hit it from Snake Lake as well.

mb
But prior to attmpting DX on a repeater one should understand how well they are or are not into the machine. Make sure your battery is charged and you have a good antenna.

Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
But prior to attmpting DX on a repeater one should understand how well they are or are not into the machine. Make sure your battery is charged and you have a good antenna.

Enjoy.
tnx -- i cannot hit those distant machines very well when mobile-- but easy from home. Going thru a diamond x300 up about 40'. For more fun, have an elk LP antenna polarized horizontal to work 2m SSB. that's fun as well.

mark

·
Registered
3,153 Posts

N6ICW
147.195 + offset
PL 123.0 Hz.

Have fun.
Hmmm... I didn't have this programmed because it comes up listed in Vacaville in the ARRL repeater directory. I had the Tahoe one though.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Hmmm... I didn't have this programmed because it comes up listed in Vacaville in the ARRL repeater directory. I had the Tahoe one though.
Chris, the owner has some equipment on Mt. Vaca and that may be where he lists his liscense. Checkout his website at N6ICW.org. There is a tab explaining his system.

His coverage is every bit as good if not better than 805.

21 - 40 of 298 Posts