Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping to compile a list of the best(performance and/or price) air tools on the market.

For example, when I got my compressor and wanted an impact, everyone was raving about the HF Earthquake impacts as the best bang for the buck. They were also stating that the HF was a knockoff of an IR and that it was the best of the best.

I guess we could compile two lists(budget and bling).

So please chime in with your favorite tools! I need to buy several different tools, and I have no idea where to start.

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
HF mini needle scaler. invaluable when welding flux core, stick or want to clean weld spatter. Best $20 ever.

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts
IR is all I use.

I refuse to pay for Snap-On stuff, but my friends who work in truck shops like them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a few husky (home depot) die grinders they hold up very good and have good power. I burned up a few ir die grinders. Have a ir 3/8 and 1/2 impacts they are great. Campbell haulsfeld are good I have found I have their pop rivet gun, grease gun and a few small die grinders. I dont use air drills any more after getting a cordless18v Dewalt drill with 1/2 chuck, but I do use this little air drill sometimes for sheet metal work because it spins a lot faster and gets into tight spots it's the kind that uses the threaded drill bit so their is no chuck. For larger grinding I use plug in 4.5 grinders as air grinder use a ton of air. I like these swivel joint on my air tools very help full.

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
ya, that fits the bill of air tools like an ironworker fits the bill of a pair of sheet metal shears.

·
nice roach.
5,739 Posts
first two that pop into my head are Snap-on air chisel/hammer and IR impact (1/2 and 3/8")

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
The old Snappy impacts were junk. The new ones kick ass. They've got a shit ton of power. The best part is that you can control the trigger very well, while most impacts have triggers that are more of an on/off switch.

I've never been let down by ingersoll tools either...I have lots...I like their air ratchets

Snappy makes the best air hammer, hands down.

Ingersoll makes about the only body saw that works.

I use harbor freight die grinders....they will all die eventually, the harbor freight ones last as long as all the others and they're $10 each. buy 10 at a time.

Buy your air fittings either off the snapon truck or from McMaster. Cheap fittings suck

·
Registered
878 Posts
He did say "air tools" Right??? If he would have said "Air Hand Tools" I might not have chimed in. But you will have to admit that that our benders are a great "Air Tool"? It is the air that makes it so you do not have to bend by hand... What a great Air Tool.

FYI: I do understand your analogy but at the end of the day it is a "Air Tool"

ya, that fits the bill of air tools like an ironworker fits the bill of a pair of sheet metal shears.

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
I like the HF Air Rams the size for a shop press, good for pressing other things and creating your own machinery/tools with and they used to be dirt cheap :p

IR Impacts.
IR die grinders.

Chicago something not the HF brand, have had good luck with some of their old school tools.

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
He did say "air tools" Right??? If he would have said "Air Hand Tools" I might not have chimed in. But you will have to admit that that our benders are a great "Air Tool"? It is the air that makes it so you do not have to bend by hand... What a great Air Tool.

FYI: I do understand your analogy but at the end of the day it is a "Air Tool"
Bigger issue... how many other people are suggesting their own products as "best air tools" :homer:

·
Registered
878 Posts
I am saying this as a Pirate4x4 member and a "paid vendor". If it is the best in its class it should be mentioned dont you think? If you want to post a better air/hydraulic bender for the money feel free. (make sure you state why! And what track record they have on Pirate4x4) I was just responding to a post like every other Pirate4x4 member can do. I do not find this as a issue... It is a great "air tool" and guys that are reading the post can decipher that for them selves.

Bigger issue... how many other people are suggesting their own products as "best air tools" :homer:

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
Cut the shit, stop acting stupid you know it doesn't belong in here.

If you want to talk to me in PM then I suggest not acting stupid in there either and write a sentence, or ask a question. :shaking:

None of us work for Pirate4x4 but have been around long enough to know what shit is going to fly, and what is going to get your post deleted. No one was calling you or your products out, however if you push that's what most likely will come next, and if that's what your after then why not just start a new critique thread anyway ??? Should gain the attention your looking for letting people pick it apart ?

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
IR sucks ass now. I've got a brand new dead air ratched and grease gun. Fuck 'em. I like my Kobalt angle die grinder.

·
Registered
878 Posts
What ever.. Not going to get into it. I believe that it is a great "Air Tool" and it belongs here! If you don't, it is your opinion. I am OK with that.

Cut the shit, stop acting stupid you know it doesn't belong in here.

If you want to talk to me in PM then I suggest not acting stupid in there either and write a sentence, or ask a question. :shaking:

None of us work for Pirate4x4 but have been around long enough to know what shit is going to fly, and what is going to get your post deleted. No one was calling you or your products out, however if you push that's what most likely will come next, and if that's what your after then why not just start a new critique thread anyway ??? Should gain the attention your looking for letting people pick it apart ?

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
What ever.. Not going to get into it. I believe that it is a great "Air Tool" and it belongs here! If you don't, it is your opinion. I am OK with that.
I haven't used your tube bending machine so I can't comment on it.

No one else said it wasn't "the best" just that it doesn't fit in here. :shaking:

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
IR sucks ass now. I've got a brand new dead air ratched and grease gun. Fuck 'em. I like my Kobalt angle die grinder.
Swap them out for new if they were DOA :confused:

Do you know what functionally is wrong with them, same component in each broke, or something in shipping caused a problem ??

My issues with IR were cracking the threads for the air fittings, I had a couple come this way I`m assuming from shipping/handling or someone dropping them while packaging.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts