Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so guess what we found at loon , thats right , litter.
Under the bushes at staging area was lots of shit flowers , cans , clothes .
On the trail it was pretty damn clean , once we reached the trail head at Tahoe where barker splits it was hanious. Bud cans just stuck in the snow like trophies next to all the hard spots , camping gear discarded , fires just left which was cool but throwing all your trash bags on top before you leave,
I bet it gets closed by the end of summer....

·
Registered
662 Posts
That's awesome. It's great to see how people really take care of something precious to them, something that they enjoy. I'd like to see the Eldo cty. sheriff's just shoot these people. :mad3: :mad3:

maybe somebody should crap in their rigs... maybe they'd get the idea then... probably not... but maybe.

·
pimping sparks&smoke
706 Posts
Thanks for letting us all know. I will be doing my own "clean up" run while we are running the trail this week(reminds me-get more trash bags). To bad folks cant figure this crap out......just silly.
Richard

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was hopin we would come upon some bud drinking fools stuck somewhere but apparently they are fast enough to avoid capture cause the trail was clear just had bud cans . Seems as though it took 2 beers to clear a really hard spot and 1 beer about every 500 yards after that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
goin ih thurs night, will be cleaning on the way in and out,and on the prowl....

drivin a blue streached 5 w/ lots o dents, and a blue full size chevy w/ flat bed

·
Registered
14,907 Posts
Saaaasquatch said:
goin ih thurs night, will be cleaning on the way in and out,and on the prowl....

drivin a blue streached 5 w/ lots o dents, and a blue full size chevy w/ flat bed
:confused: prowling?

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he meant trolling , trolling for trail ho's .... where did you come from ? out of hiding just for this ?

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
RokNRollr said:
:mad3: GUESS THESE NUMBNUTS JUST DON'T GET IT,
edited by cruzila

:mad2: :mad2:
That's why the FOTR Trail Patrol was started, to educate people and be a visible presence on the trail. We have been doing everything you said with the exception of the "Smith and Wesson" comment. :shaking:

·
Registered
14,907 Posts
peesalot said:
he meant trolling , trolling for trail ho's .... where did you come from ? out of hiding just for this ?

did I forget my signed permission slip?

:laughing:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for the cleaning. I will be up there this weekend and be picking up after myself and others no doubt. But if I see one of the assmaster litter bugs you can bet they will not be driving out. It piss's me off that these "campers" dont give a sh*t if the trail get close for us. :mad3:

·
Registered
93 Posts
For the litter bugs

I will bring lots of honney with me to the con. If I see you not caring about the trail, then I will not care about spilling on your rig. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Under the bushes at staging area was lots of shit flowers , cans , clothes .
and as you stated, not so much on the actual trail. I think this just goes to show that the actual users of the trail take care of the trail. you get a lot of the wanna-bees and campers at loon and tahoe trailhead areas who don't care. we were at spider a couple weeks ago and I was happy not to find any mess at all. I think everyone is doing a great job. keep up the good work.

·
Registered
14,907 Posts
87XJ said:
I will bring lots of honney with me to the con. If I see you not caring about the trail, then I will not care about spilling on your rig. :flipoff2:

:laughing: :laughing:

good one

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
RokNRollr said:
:mad3: GUESS THESE NUMBNUTS JUST DON'T GET IT,

edited bt cruzila

:mad2: :mad2:
You need to surf around here and read about what this forum is about. Ranting and swearing are not tolerated here. The rest of PBB is where you need to go if you need to vent. Unless, you can keep it civil.

ps I am glad to see another that cares about the Rubicon like I do. Hang in there, cool off and join the fight.

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
dozer dude said:
and as you stated, not so much on the actual trail. I think this just goes to show that the actual users of the trail take care of the trail. you get a lot of the wanna-bees and campers at loon and tahoe trailhead areas who don't care. we were at spider a couple weeks ago and I was happy not to find any mess at all. I think everyone is doing a great job. keep up the good work.
I think in regards to Gatekeeper I think you hit it on the head here dozer. There has been more people drawn to the spectacle of "watching" drivers at Gatekeeper. Most that go to the Trail, get through it and keep going. It is the non-wheelers most likely leaving trash there. If there is no trash can like in the "campground" they are unwilling to carry it back. This is a problem we need to step up and handle. Now we know to pay extra attention on picking up at Gatekeeper.

Scott

·
Registered
93 Posts
I dont think the problem is not having trashcans at Gatekeeper, the problem is no one has steped up to these "campers" or "watchers" or whatever you want to call them. Everyone says "give them an ear full", well I dont see that working, so as posted befor, I'll be up there this weekend with honey and 2 loaded fist.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just please don't call all of us Gatekeeper gawkers the ones leaving trash. My Fiance and I hike the trail a few times a year just to watch what we will participate in once our rig is finished. Everytime we come out of the trail, we are carrying at least 2 large bags of trash we have picked up on and around the trail. (I mean even using rubber gloves to pick up less desirable things). :barf:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts