Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently acuired a 4 year old and want to know what you guys use for seats with harnessess. He is going to be in the back of the sammy after I put a new floor in and want to get the seat first so I know how to make seat supports.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
Here is a pick of my crap you can make out the Baby Beard seat! Probly to small but will give ya a idea!
 

·
thhhpptthh!
Joined
·
46,716 Posts
beard- baby beard with RJS jr. dragster harness.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
How big a kid will fit in a baby beard? I have a 6 yr old and we just had a set of twins 3 weeks ago. Was thinking of the 3 staggerd seats in a 4runner.

Matt
 

·
thhhpptthh!
Joined
·
46,716 Posts
blt2rok said:
How big a kid will fit in a baby beard? I have a 6 yr old and we just had a set of twins 3 weeks ago. Was thinking of the 3 staggerd seats in a 4runner.

Matt
i think a 4yrold is pushin the Baby beard.

my son in the above pic is 18mos. For an idea of their size.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,177 Posts
Old Scout said:
fits kids 30-100lbs, cost 130.00

Remember that seat is made to go on another seat for cushion. So you could build a regular seat into the back area and use this until the kiddo is big enough to swap over. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What do they use in those mini dragsters for seats?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RockBuggySupply said:
The PRP Preteen seat is designed for 4 to 15 year olds.

Heres a pic:

Oh where did you find that? I like it but it will be more plush than my own! :flipoff2:
 

·
thhhpptthh!
Joined
·
46,716 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
713 Posts
FLEXYSAMMY said:
I just recently acuired a 4 year old and want to know what you guys use for seats with harnessess.
word? how does one "acquire" a 4 year old?

was it legally done?:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
 

·
pro web-wheeler
Joined
·
21,640 Posts
check this thread for pics of our rig with the mini-Mastercrafts. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102321&highlight=kids+seats+mastercraft

As for those saying to put in a regular seat and strap a carseat on top of that...if you're doing the hardcore stuff that's common to the wheeling of today, you're taking a much bigger risk with your child unless you are doing a serious tie down job. If you think a simple seatbelt thru the back of the child-seat is good enough, you deserve to ride in that death trap, not your innocent kids.
Plus, a kid that is comfortable complains less...we all know how easily a complaining kid can ruin a whelling trip...imagine sitting on a plastic seat with the a$$ of a 5 year old all day long on a bubmpy trail...suspension seat for the little ones any day...I call it an investment into peace of mind and a smooth weekend of wheeling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Re: Little Guy seating????

Grapehead said:


word? how does one "acquire" a 4 year old?

was it legally done?:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well i fell in love with a girl from FL and I moved her and her son up to PA with me and now we are all a big happly family. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,177 Posts
RedBullJeep said:
As for those saying to put in a regular seat and strap a carseat on top of that...if you're doing the hardcore stuff that's common to the wheeling of today, you're taking a much bigger risk with your child unless you are doing a serious tie down job. If you think a simple seatbelt thru the back of the child-seat is good enough, you deserve to ride in that death trap, not your innocent kids.
Hey I didn't say it was a good idea, just stated it was a True "Car seat" and not a seat seat. :D The mini mastercraft is what I will be buying for my boy this spring. :D
 

·
Ford Forum Moderator
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
The baby beard sceep had was originally mine, my boy started getting to big for it at about 3 & a half. He is a pretty big boy though.
Last time we went out I put his standard carseat like the Simpson one above in my passenger side beard. It actually fit pretty good in the xtra wide seat. 3" harnesses will not fit through the back though, & even if they did you really wouldn't have a way to latch them. I used a ratchet strap through the belt holes & the back of the seat down to the cage, then hooked the upper support strap through the hole for the shoulder belts back to the back of the cage. I then put the 3" belt overtop of him & the car seat both. It was a pretty solid mount, but I'd still feel a hell of alot better with him in a true hard mounted seat that fits him. I intend to pick up a more appropriately sized seat once I figure out how to re-do the back of my cage & funds allow it.
 

·
pro web-wheeler
Joined
·
21,640 Posts
The Mastercrafts fit my kids from when they were 4 and are still fitting my 9 year old well. I expect they will run out of room at about 12-13 years old but at that point they can just jump to an adult seat easily.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
248 Posts
I've got PRP bench seats with the shorter cushion and I run Crow all-in-one 3" belt/2" shoulder straps with built-in padding. My kids are 3-10 and it fits them all pretty well.

First run on the Jeep, the cage is not finished and I know it needs skins for the backseats. And a bunch of other stuff too. :D

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,061 Posts
brett said:
I've got PRP bench seats with the shorter cushion and I run Crow all-in-one 3" belt/2" shoulder straps with built-in padding. My kids are 3-10 and it fits them all pretty well.

First run on the Jeep, the cage is not finished and I know it needs skins for the backseats. And a bunch of other stuff too. :D

Thats a cool as family cruiser;)
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top