Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swapped in a carbed 350 in my '82 toyota. But after I installed the extended front brakelines I have basically no foot pressure for the 1st pump and little by little after that. But after 5-6 pumps, pedal will feel right. I have bleed all 4 corners....twice. A friend suggest something about a valve that holds pressure or vacuum (can't remember) in the line that runs to the booster. I hooked the line straight to the backside of my quadrajet. I know I need to upgrade to a MC from a '92 LC w/o ABS....but I didn't want to do that until I went w/ disks in the rear.......any ideas??:confused:

:beer: For the help....:(

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,738 Posts
Is this the way you bled the brakes;

"...This is from the FSM and it works great..."

1. Drivers side rear
2. Passenger side rear
3. Passenger side front
4. Drivers side front
5. LSPV (Load sensing proportioning valve)

My 90 has a check valve on the vacuum tube from the factory!!!:D

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OOP'S said:
Is this the way you bled the brakes;

"...This is from the FSM and it works great..."

1. Drivers side rear
2. Passenger side rear
3. Passenger side front
4. Drivers side front
5. LSPV (Load sensing proportioning valve)

My 90 has a check valve on the vacuum tube from the factory!!!:D
That's the part I think I will need....I will bleed the brakes again . I could not find a bleeder on my LSPV........Might have been the crackpipe tho.....

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
suspect said:

That's the part I think I will need....I will bleed the brakes again . I could not find a bleeder on my LSPV........Might have been the crackpipe tho.....
My 82 does not have a bleeder valve on the lspv. There is a 15/16 bolt on the top which I guess is intended to act as the bleeder. Course my brakes don't work very well after the d44, and 1 inch mc "upgrade" anyway, so what do I know.

·
Registered
389 Posts
you will definately need that check valve in there... I pulled mine out when I did my first swap and it would act funny. Then I replaced it and now it is all happy again, and as far as the lspv goes, I just got rid of mine alltogether and it works better then ever, and now with the 60/14 bolt combo, I swapped in the chevy type master and will be replumbing the whole truck....

Hope this hepls
Jeff

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
82FB said:

My 82 does not have a bleeder valve on the lspv. There is a 15/16 bolt on the top which I guess is intended to act as the bleeder. Course my brakes don't work very well after the d44, and 1 inch mc "upgrade" anyway, so what do I know.

I'll try it....can't hurt. I also cut the bar that goes from the LSPV to the axle off at the axle, i'm gonna tie it up so I get maxium braking pressure......:rolleyes:

Maybe it will work;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts