Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The front suspension came 21" off the ground with the swaybar connected, and 30" disconnected. The rear went 25" and 31". We got to play at the hammers traveling all the way around through the ARCA pile down the aftershock bypass, and back through the southern tip to the beginning of the lake bed. We never disconnected and never locked up. Impressive.

check out the replacement skid plate, It's made in 3 pieces to allow access. The lower arms are made out of plates, like most race suspensions.

The rear axle is now supported by a bolt on truss that incorporates the pumkin cover bolts as well as two large tube clamps. It also provides a new mount for the upper arms. It must change the geomotry or something because it now hooks up in a slide when power is applied.

The shocks in the picture are not what came with the kit, MX-6 adjustables were first ran, they worked unbelivable on the road and during normal trail rides. However they were a little soft for pre runnung the MDR lucerne course. Hence the bigger stiffer shocks to chase with. I think they are working on a adjustable shock that can handle the extra weight of the unlimited.

I have to admit that in the past, products made from Pro comp didn't jump out and wow me. But if this kit is a sign of where there going, I plan following untill shown otherwise.

·
Registered
16,095 Posts
What size tires?
It looks like the stock front uppers are retained with this kit. Is that correct?
Will it be available in pieces? or for other rear axles?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What size tires?
It looks like the stock front uppers are retained with this kit. Is that correct?
285/75-16 = 33's
It's a 4" lift, I added a front spacer for the extra weight of the winch and bumper.

All new arms, and I belive it will be available in componetes. This is a bolt on kit except for removing the factory mounts.

I removed a R.E. kit to instal this one and the ride and drive improvements were much more than I thought possible with basically the same parts, just different mfg. I rode in a Nth degree a friend had installed on his Rubi LJ, and mine was much smoother. Didn't get to wheel his though:(.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
for my wifes vehicle, its fine, however, if we were on an RTI ramp, and the tire pressure was lowered, I know 33, probably 35+" could be reached.:homer:

·
Registered
3 Posts
What size tires?
The upper arms do fit in the stock location, but they are longer to add room for more tire clearance against the floor board.

the axle truss is sold as a seperate kit, as well as some of the components. I work pretty closely with the people of procomp, so if it has a part number, it can pretty much be purchased at four wheel parts.

as for articulation, (remember) articulation is a biproduct of wheel travel. wheel travel comes first. this kit has 10.5'' of travel front and rear. thats not bad for a bolt on store bought kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts