Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I replaced the pump almost three years ago and all has been grand until recently the front works perfect however the rear is engaging without warning in 2wd. I have put her in 4wd attempted at locking it then unlocking it to try and get the rear locker to disengage however it will not. Seeing if anyone has had any similar issue...really not trying to replace the pump again unless that is for sure the issue...Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pull your rear dif cover and see if anything is stuck to the magnet. I have an05 rubi and recently had an issue with mine. The plunger that completes the circuit for the rear dif sensor was sheared in half and got picked up by the magnet luckily. My locker still works fine, we cleaned everything out, threw the cover back on and made sure all the plugs were loose enough to not hit the locker. The rear locker light still blinks on the dash, but i can live with that now that i know why. Have you recently had someone change out your dif fluid. If so the rubicons are notorious for having the fill plug overtightened which will contact the flex plate ln the rear locker and lead to all sorts of evil shcenanigans. Good luck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the input yeah ive got great lake offroad diff covers so the fill plug is way higher than stock but yeah I just pulled the rear shafts and replaced the wheel bearings and filled her with new fluid so maybe I should pull it again and make sure nothing has gotten damaged...or attached itself to the magnet...guess while im in there ill check all the lines and make sure non are dry rotten or anything along those lines...thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts