Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Got the frame cleaned up, also cut the rear cross member out and moved the tank back 5". Need to take my brackets to work tomorrow and drill out all of the holes to 5/8". Also the motobilt kit uses 1.75" width top joints. Going to order the new currie joints for the top.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
What degrees are your lower control arm brackets on the rear axle? Are you planning coil over shocks?
Yes, 2.5" radflo 14" on all 4. The lower axle brackets are just tacked on for mock up, they will need to change a bit before fully welding.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Have you cycled the suspension to see if the lower control arms contact the bottom of the frame? I'm leaning towards the Motobilt pan for my LJ.

·
Registered
479 Posts
What size Enduro joint are you using on the top rear upper control arms? I recall the Motorbilt kit can only fit 1"3/4" wide joints for the UCA. Thanks

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
What size Enduro joint are you using on the top rear upper control arms? I recall the Motorbilt kit can only fit 1"3/4" wide joints for the UCA. Thanks
Yup, only thing I didnt like about it. I wanted to run the same size joint all the way around.

Top is a 1.80" wide rockjock JJ.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Whats everyone's thoughts on ORI's vs Radflo's? I cant really decide what I want to do. Jeep will see alot of street, back roads. Mostly slow crawling on the trails, will also be trailer'd everywhere.
I already have shock towers to fit an ORI or 2.0 C/O but If I go with C/O's I was thinking I would need 2.5's which would need new towers.
Price isn't a huge deal but with 2.0's being $1500 cheaper I could have the jeep on its own weight twice as fast. Granted I still need bumps and sway bars but I could add that later.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thanks for the info on the joints.

ORI's are nice, but if your rig is going to weigh in greater then 5500 LBS your right at there limits. They are pricing, but can offset the price sway bars, and bump stops.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts