Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Ill post up more pics of the actual fab work this week.

I think im around 115" wb now, not sure on belly height. Ill measure stuff tonight. I have about 6-8" to spare from my 7 foot door when I pulled it out yesterday. And that was at 3.5" up travel.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I'm thinking about pulling my front axle back some, not sure I like how far out there it is. I pushed the jeep up to the wall to see my current approach angle. With the tires touching the wall I have 8" from the wall to front of the frame. I think i'm going to take it 2" back which would still make the front of the tire 6" past the frame. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
P.B.A.
4,337 Posts
I'm thinking about pulling my front axle back some, not sure I like how far out there it is. I pushed the jeep up to the wall to see my current approach angle. With the tires touching the wall I have 8" from the wall to front of the frame. I think i'm going to take it 2" back which would still make the front of the tire 6" past the frame. What do you guys think?
My front axle is really far forward is grown on me some once I put fenders on it. I’m running 37’s but eventually it will probably have 40’s. I think it looks good.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Cut 4" off the links, was harder than it needed to be. Bungs were stuck in there pretty good. But the front looks much better in my opinion now. I adjusted the links out some so in total its about 3.5" back than where it was.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
So now i'm second guessing myself, after pulling the axle back I realized I could probably pull off a 3 link pan-hard setup with hydro assist. A lot of people say its better on the street but most of those people haven't drove a full hydro rig either. Anyone on here went 4 link full hydro front and regretted it because of road manners (using good quality parts)? I will buy a full kit from PSC either assist or full hydro. A 3 link would save me space but could be more work trying to fit a drag link and track bar up front too. This jeep will see a lot of street so safety and drivability is a concern. I would obviously have to move my box forward but i think I could make it work, and with a genright pitman arm.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I have a TJ with the front axle pushed forward 4 inches, 4-link and full hydro (all PSC parts). 104" wheelbase, Coilovers and a rear sway bar. Running out of balance 40's, and is "street legal." I would not want to drive it every day. Its great on the trail, but wanders on the street. I have experimented with different toe (1/16" out currently) and with antisquat for the rear suspension - it has improved handling, but still a handful on the street.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Slowly been getting stuff done, between work being crazy and 100 degree days the last couple weeks my motivation to go work in the garage has been low. But onto the progress!
Front axle is (mostly) done. Jessie hanes high steer arms welded up, truss fully welded, psc ram finally mounted, new hubs and rotors, ball joint delete, new Moog lower ball joints.
Engine finally all done, put new ls6 springs in, all new seals, mounted the trans fully up with the atlas. Got everything mounted. Need to make a cross member for the trans this week. Also need to start working on my engine harness

Attachments

81 - 100 of 100 Posts