Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
P.B.A.
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need two dimensions. One from front of the tub to the pivot point for the factory soft top bows. And another from tub to pivot point. Getting ready to build cage on my lj7 project. Pics for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
Just went out and measured my 06' LJ.

Dimension A) 40 1/2" from the dash (with factory dash plastic in place) to the pivot point.

Dimension B) 11 1/4" from tub to pivot point.

·
P.B.A.
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just went out and measured my 06' LJ.

Dimension A) 40 1/2" from the dash (with factory dash plastic in place) to the pivot point.

Dimension B) 11 1/4" from tub to pivot point.
Thanks! Just so we’re clear 40.5 is from the door opening? I don’t have a plastic dash just flat metal. I got my tape out looks like that’s what you gave me.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Thanks! Just so we’re clear 40.5 is from the door opening? I don’t have a plastic dash just flat metal. I got my tape out looks like that’s what you gave me.
I measured from the spot where your dash would bolt to straight across to an imaginary line drawn straight down from the soft top pivot (if that makes sense :laughing:)

·
P.B.A.
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Got the top mounted I might as well add some tech as most of the threads about tj lj top on Cj or yj are dead now.

So soft top pivot point is 40.5 off dash as in flat dash. 11.25” up from tub like stated above. The post that sits in the tub for door surrounds is 36” off dash.

The slots I made in windshield frame are 1.5” wide 1.25” down from top of windshield frame. Mine are 3/8” wide. Each slot is 16” to center on each side from center line of the windshield frame.

I notched the tj header gasket 3”. Again 16” off center.

I also had to radius the corners of the frame and weld the two halves back together.

I used lj belt rails which aren’t made any more. But easy enough to source tj ones and lengthen them. Here’s some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
Got the top mounted I might as well add some tech as most of the threads about tj lj top on Cj or yj are dead now.

So soft top pivot point is 40.5 off dash as in flat dash. 11.25” up from tub like stated above. The post that sits in the tub for door surrounds is 36” off dash.

The slots I made in windshield frame are 1.5” wide 1.25” down from top of windshield frame. Mine are 3/8” wide. Each slot is 16” to center on each side from center line of the windshield frame.

I notched the tj header gasket 3”. Again 16” off center.

I also had to radius the corners of the frame and weld the two halves back together.

I used lj belt rails which aren’t made any more. But easy enough to source tj ones and lengthen them. Here’s some pictures.

Much appreciated. I had no idea how I was going to figure out where to mount the pivot for the soft top on mine. I still have a ways to go though...

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Glad this thread is here. I might need to pic your brain on some dimensions in the near future if you don’t mind. I’m going to be starting my cage in the next month or so and plan on using an OEM LJ top. I saw on four wheeler.com they used the A-pillar plastic brackets. Just quick mocking not sure how they got it to line up right. Here is my YJU in progress.

·
P.B.A.
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have the jp magazine that shows how to put a tj too on Cj. I’ll post up some dimensions that are needed to attach to the cage once I get the cage back in the rig.

·
P.B.A.
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks dude!
Alright sorry for the delay finally got the cage back in. The cage is 49.5” outside to outside. Top the tube that the surrounds attach to is 40.5” off the bottom of the door opening. I chose this place to get a measurement vs the floor as I’m unsure if Cj and yj floors aren’t different. Hope this helps. Need any other numbers just ask.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I need two dimensions. One from front of the tub to the pivot point for the factory soft top bows. And another from tub to pivot point. Getting ready to build cage on my lj7 project. Pics for reference.

Is this point referencing the centerline of the hole for the pivot point? Finally getting around to my cage.

·
P.B.A.
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is this point referencing the centerline of the hole for the pivot point? Finally getting around to my cage.
Yes. Need anything dm me for my number so waiting for me to long on doesn’t slow you down.

I’m not entirely convinced how high my roof spreaders are bent up would allow a hard top on.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts