Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this low tech just move it…..

My F-head in my 59 cj5 has a ½ NPT hole in the water jacket on the side of the head located on passenger’s side rear of head. I replaced my mechanical fan with an electric fan last summer during the build up. I then placed a temperature switch / sensor in that hole. This switch / sensor turns on at 210°F and off around 185°F. I have this switching the ground on\off to a relay that switches the fan on/off. Ok, now that you understand what I did here what I need. I have looked and can’t seem to find a ½ NPT or smaller thread temp. switch that will turn on at around 180°F and off around 165°F. I have been to Summit racing and Napa (The stores Not web sites). My current switch is now starting to turn on around 220°F and I don’t like that. I have looked at the generic switches that you can adjust from 180° to 240° and don’t like them. I want a plug type that threads in the water jacket hole.

Anyone know where I can locate one of theses? They have to be out there!

·
Registered
52 Posts
for the record, and when newbies like me search, the switch that "monkeys sell" and is shown in the links is not a thread in or "wet" switch. It also doesnot happen to work for crap. I am still searching for a decent thread in switch.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You might try giving Standard Motor Products and email and see if they can help.

My thoughts with this, you want a fan switch that is higher than your thermostat. For example the stat in my 4.0 is rated as a 195*, but this is just the temperature that it starts to open. It's not fully open until 218*.

They gave me the following part numbers:
  • TS158 (NAPA # FS103SB) closes at 200-210*F and opens @ 185*F minimum.
  • TS155 (NAPA # FS102SB) closes at 212*F and opens @ 192*F
    minimum.
Both are 1/2-NPT and CarQuest uses the same numbers as Standard Motor Prod.

Just my $.02

Tony W

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
ive got the thermo switches in stock $28 ive got 185's and 195's.
or ive got complete wireing kits w/ 40a relays etc for $50, same temps..

shoot me an email and ill hook ya up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts