Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my Lock right apart today to replace the pins and springs, one sheared pin and the others worn. Classic unlocking lock right characteristics, but discovered this.....a broken inner spacer. Are these available separate or am I looking at buying another locker? Can I run it just the way it is? It does run up against the side gear face and in theory still work, but what does the PBB say?

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
Broke for a reason, I would replace it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
You most likely won't b able to get jus that part. Thier rebuild kits only has springs and pins. From the looks of that I would say your thrust washer are worn which will cause it to lock up and not unlock around a corner.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
you can get replacement parts, call West Coast Differentials, they have access to all the parts

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everybody, I just placed an order for the parts from Diffsonly. Spacer, thrust bearings and a new center pin, mine was pretty marked up. Now, its just a waiting game.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Thanks everybody, I just placed an order for the parts from Diffsonly. Spacer, thrust bearings and a new center pin, mine was pretty marked up. Now, its just a waiting game.
I find it a hard requirement to machine a new center pin out of tool steel any time I install a lockrite.
They place a very large amount of pressure on the point where the driver and pin meet in a very short time.
I will speculate a pin with slots worn in it was the major cause of the load spacers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts