Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Done a search & gone back to 2001 & found nothing...

So here goes........

I've got a friend who's been told that a Locright in the front in mud in 4WD is no good. Is that true ?

He's got one for the rear as well

Also

On the street in 2WD high with the Free Wheeling hubs set to "free" they're still gonna cause problems with steering etc !!!???

Are these people right or just putting him off putting one in the front so he's got one spare to sell to them ?

Cheers

Joe

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
here...

Try this search: Locker
You will find what you need there.

As far as Mud, put one in and drive it, you wont regret it. :D

Try this Search as well.

Cheers :D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
For any terrain you won't regret it. Once locked front and back you'll never go back.:D

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Would you rather have three wheels or four wheels pulling?
It’s a no brainer. Yes it makes it tough to turn at times, but the benefits out-weigh the negatives.
It makes driving on dry surfaces tough without power steering. I feel crippled every time I hop into a vehicle that has an open dif.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I was in some gnarley boggs and deep water (44 boggers completly submerged) and the locker did it's job, it got me stuck farther away from help! No really though, locked front and rear RULES!!!! True 4 wheel drive is rather nice, you're going to get rather tired on a 5 hour + wheeling trip, 2wd low modification is rather nice.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
really they are better ? might give one a try . is master locks or combonation locks better? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Two lockers are the way to go Ive ran lockrights front and rear for almost a year with no breaky yet but Steering is a PITA

Do the 2wd low range and everything will be just fine

·
Registered
377 Posts
you shouldn't have any trouble out of the lock rite. i've beat the hell out of them and never broke

1 - 10 of 10 Posts