Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
is there an easy way to tell is your rig has lockers? i think the po may have installed them in the front and mebby welder the rear? when i jacked up the pass rear tire yesterday to look at brakes i tried to turn the tire and it wouldnt buge( not brake bind as there was just metal in there:( ) and then when on a little test wheel today i was climing a sand hill and when goosed bolth fronts spit sand. im shure if i pulled the diff cover that wouldnt help since iv never seen a locking diff before so...? any way it was a bitchin feeling wheeling that thing ,it rocked not to mention the way everyone stares at u:)

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Sounds like the rear is locked or welded...

I'll try and take a pic of my locker in my front diff, since it's sitting on the garaghe floor...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the rear with both tires off the ground turn the same way:D but the front...the front turn oppisite so im assuming thats a one legger:mad: damm. oh well one is better than none for now.this thing is the radest vehicle iv owned. i cant stop thinking about it and what im gonna do to it( sounds weird huh) thanks for the help. later

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
by the way, you ARE doing searches before posting, riiiight? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i didnt seem to find to much stuff on telling if you have lockers but my outher posts......uhhh

·
Registered
673 Posts
x_factor said:
this thing is the radest vehicle iv owned. i cant stop thinking about it and what im gonna do to it( sounds weird huh) thanks for the help. later
Welcome to the addiction. It is all down hill from here. If you are in school you can't pay attention in class and when at work your boss will get on your ass for sitting there daydreaming. Oh well, its all good.:D

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Where in Southern Oregon do you live?? I goto school in Corvallis at OSU. Don't know how much further south you are from there...

Travis

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im down in medford,not too many cruisers down here,or 4x shops that i can talk to

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks dude! cool to hear from some oregon cruisers,do you do alot of wheeling round there?any clubs or runs that are noteworthy?

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
x_factor said:
thanks dude! cool to hear from some oregon cruisers,do you do alot of wheeling round there?any clubs or runs that are noteworthy?
I am in Klamath falls. I am realetvly new to the area form CO, I hooked up with a club here in town that does a ton of wheeling mostly in northern/southern CA but does a few runs here and in Grants pass. I havent found much wheeling here in K falls I gotta go back home to CO for what I am use to. Go down to the con,fordice,hammer a few times a year.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nice!! this is my first real 4x4 for trail use the outhers have been mostly street rigs but mabey we could get together and u could me how to wheel colorado style. email me if your intrested some time

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Well up here further north in the valley, there is Shotgun Creek that is outside of Eugene, or there is Browns Camp which is outside of Tillamook that is really nice. Both are designated OHV areas. Browns Camp has rock crawls and 4+ trails, like the back side of 7up and what not. There are also easy trails for stockers and what not.

Travis

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
GreenWeeny78 said:
Well up here further north in the valley, there is Shotgun Creek that is outside of Eugene, or there is Browns Camp which is outside of Tillamook that is really nice. Both are designated OHV areas. Browns Camp has rock crawls and 4+ trails, like the back side of 7up and what not. There are also easy trails for stockers and what not.

Travis
I would love to comeup there and do those trails. I have herd good thing about the one in tillamook. its not to far of a drivefrom here to eugene maby we can hook up.

·
Old Rock Doc
1,779 Posts
The locals in Bend have recentely discovered a box canyon full of big rocks that has been breaking parts on all of the less-than-hardcore rigs that have been trying it. I haven't been out there yet, but it sounds real fun.

Oh, USFSIFC, I need to send you some pics of those fender flares.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I don't know how far Klamath Falls is from Eugene but Shotgun Creek is about 15+ minutes away from there. Browns Camp on the other hand is quite further down the road. It's an hour and a 1/2 just for me go to Browns Camp from Salem and you would have to tag another hour plus whatever it is from klamath falls. Unless you wanna make a wheeling trip out of come up on a friday night camp and then wheel all day saturday and then come back sunday. Cascade Cruirsers always go out to Browns Camp... if you hook up with W and James and them they will take you out on the rock crawl at Browns Camp or places in Washington. You gotta see W's rig in action with the air bags, 532 caddy, 42" swampers, fj80 front axle with 2.5 ton inards, fj80 electric lockers, etc :D

Travis

1 - 17 of 17 Posts