Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've tried looking all over and checking with everyone I know for an answer to this question, got nothing useful. So, I've got a solid axle swapped 92 k1500. Has np241 t-case with 4hi, 2hi, and 4low. Front axle is a 78 f250 d44. The lockouts are kind of pointless with the t-case having a selectable drive and they are becoming a pain in my ass. I haven't been able to figure out how to, or what to replace them with so the axle is full time 4x4.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Why the fuck would you? Youll will just birn up drivelines, axle ujoints, and spindle brgs, not to mention mpg loss, steering drag, and shit steering if you have a locker in the diff.

Either leave your hubs locked or get some slugs from a old wagoneer or aftermarket

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a trailer queen I don't daily drive it...also I work on the axles quite often changing u joints and what not, and I don't always remember to turn the lockout. Real pain in the ass to get out and engage them when your in the middle of of 2ft. Deep mud pit...

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
How can you not figure this out? If it's a trailer queen just leave them locked. Or replace them with drive slugs.

·
Registered
12,363 Posts
Not sure how the lockouts are pointless with your transfer case selections, since that is how almost all part time 4wd trucks were configured from the factory.

Regardless, what you are looking for is drive slugs, or drive flanges. I know yukon makes them for your axle. You may also be able to find a used set out of a full time truck. I know that the chevy with 203s used them. I think they may fit your Ford axle.

·
Registered
15,012 Posts
How can you not figure this out? If it's a trailer queen just leave them locked. Or replace them with drive slugs.
yep, my s10 with 10bolt axles just stays locked all the time. its kinda nice to unlock them occasionally if you are trying to diagnose a issue or something, but last time i tried to unlock them they were stuck in there pretty good. so better to have a stuck locked then unlocked axle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts