Pirate 4x4 banner

LOne Star Cruisers monthly meeting

1K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  texican 
#1 · (Edited)
Just rolled in from Dallas, damn what a large group! Had one freshly imported HJZ61 ? I think is what it was, Jap spec RH drive dual factory lockers, PTO winch, 59k Kilometers on the clock, raised roof, heated seats, sunroof, got to be the most optioned out non 80 I've ever seen. Sorry about the pic quality, some are good and some ain't.
Butch

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I drove it, strange to be on the wrong side (sorry BJ), I kept hitting the wiper control to signal a turn. The turbo diesel 6 is sweet.
Butch

Attachments

#5 ·
I did not get a decent full on side shot, it has some very unique factory graphics on the sides, and Jap, Dunlop tires.
Butch

Attachments

#11 ·
Re: Re: LOne Star Cruisers monthly meeting

Rascal said:

HJ61 - 1987 w/35k miles - Immaculate - deserving of a TT cover! Imported from Japan via Canada.:cool: :cool: :cool:

Hell I can't keep all the letters straight, I swear Gary told me there is a Z in there somwhere:confused: :confused:

Butch

#14 ·
KMAN said:
Too cool

How was the power with the turbo oil burner?

I want one now!

Karl
He said he averaged 21 MPG on the way from Canada to Texas.

He said the power and excelleration were like a 24 valve 80 series petrol.

One thing he did was go from Denver to Breckenrigde on a side trip and on the 6* grade he floored it and it help a steady 75 mph all the way to the top of the pass.

Here are the cable locker handles:

Attachments

#18 ·
Re: Re: Re: LOne Star Cruisers monthly meeting

texican said:

Hell I can't keep all the letters straight, I swear Gary told me there is a Z in there somwhere:confused: :confused:

Butch
I think the designation is as follows: HJ61VX - (H) First Initial of the name of the Diesel engine manufacturer - can't remember it off hand. (J) Six Cylinder. (61) Body Style. and I think it has a (VX) on the end for the high roof.:barf: :barf: That's enough verbal vomit for this early in the am...

#20 ·
if it kept those Alberta tags for a while. Reminds me of another rig I know of in Colorado ;) [/B]

It wouldn't be driven by a long haired fellow would it?
I seem to remember dragging one off the trail in Moab that fits the profile...:flipoff2: :flipoff2:
It became one heavy ass trailer.......

Butch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.