Pirate 4x4 banner

Long arms...

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  bikr_guy930 
#1 ·
I know I have seen some toy guys on trails and other places who have made long arms for the front of their rig. I am getting tired of my leafs, and coilovers are so sexy... Anyway, any pics or thoughts? I know it would be easier than a 4 link, but a 3 link would be possible... I just dont want to have to deal with a link on top interfering with the oil pan and stuff like that. So any thoughts on a long arm setup (with a trac bar of course...)

#3 ·
thats the thinking, then i dont have to worry about upper links interfering with stuff. BUT, how do they do under braking? do you have to have long arms with a rear mount that is as low on the frame as possible to avoid brake jack?

#4 · (Edited)

Attachments

#5 ·
that is pretty much excatly what i wanna do... is it at all streetable? any specs, like the arm length and the vertical seperation at the axle?

#6 ·
Here is a setup i built for a 97 Tacoma. For a daily driver/ moderate wheeler this setup is hard to beat. Can still weave traffic on the freeway at 90mph and drives awsome on the street. It only has about 7" lift over stock so it was VERY tight under neath the truck. All of the crossmembers, and oil pan had to be modified for the setup to even fit.

The guy dropped off a custom HP D44 EB axle and insited on using the stock 'c' clamp mounts w/ different arms. I built new arms out of 1.5" .250 w/ 2" .250 sleeves that are 12" longer than stock bronco ones. Next time im just using new mounts welded directly to the axle.

Attachments

#8 ·
I'm having a go at coils in my trail toy, I want a softer ride for the family and am not chasing excessive travel just a soft ride. I'm using Range Rover front arms flipped...

Anyway time will tell if its any good. Should have is finished in the next week or so :)

#9 ·
those look great guys, inspiration. As soon as i can afford coilovers, i will start welding. As for now, any specs on the arms on the LC or the taco above? arm lengths and seperation at the axle and how you mounted them to the frame would be great...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.