Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I left this one there during the build since I had no clue what it was. Now I'm down to taking care of things under the hood and this thing still has me baffled. I've looked in every concievable manual. YEP.. even the FSM and I still can't find out what this thing is for.

Obviously there is some reason for the resistance because of the huge coil of wire, but what should really be there and what is it for?

:rolleyes:

Sorry ----- 1984 22RE X-Cab

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Uh... because it's really long and all coiled up, it sounds like a constant 12v wire someone added to the truck in the past. Possibly for a ghetto-fab raido or fog lamp install?

Are you sure it runs into the fuse box... and do you mean the fuse block under the hood... or the one on the drivers kick panel?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TNToy said:
Uh... because it's really long and all coiled up, it sounds like a constant 12v wire someone added to the truck in the past. Possibly for a ghetto-fab raido or fog lamp install?

Are you sure it runs into the fuse box... and do you mean the fuse block under the hood... or the one on the drivers kick panel?
Gee why didn't I think of the booty fab radios or fog lights since it goes to the fuse box :rolleyes:

It goes to the fuse box on the drivers inside kick panel.

I wanted to alleviate pulling it incase it actually did something. The rolled up wire (that much) is for resistance. I just couldn't figure out what for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts