Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. on my CJ 7 i have a mild 304 with long tube headers..... which is fine... but now that im getting ready to add a antiwrap bar the exhaust on the passenger side is right in the middle of the way

the headers are too long to be able to bring over the passenger side pipe before the tranny.... and if i did use them id have to bring it over to meet the drivers side pipe right behind the tcase. which would really crowd things up right behind the tcase

so i either have the option of going to shorty headers and running single exhaust or just go to stock manifolds and run single exhaust

i guess my main question is power and torque loss by switching from long tubes to either shorty's or manifolds..... how noticable will it be?..

·
Dabbler
2,161 Posts
Stock manifolds. I love stock manifolds. If you want-take a die grinder or dremel and smooth out and edges and castings marks. Nothing seats and seals better than good old cast headers. Most of us are not racing our trucks and seeing 6000+ RPM's; the reduction in flowarate is non-existant.

Unless you have a high reving engine or a diesel; a larger exhaust has marginal benefits.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts