Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a longer pitman arm to put some added levarage on the Scout Dana44 knuckles. I've seen a Scout pitman arm and it's like a mile long, so I need something similar. I've heard Waggie pitman arms are long and the box end is a fit, but the taper of the tie rod end at the other end of it is not the same as a YJ's TRE taper. Does anyone know off-hand if there is a long pitman arm (at least 1.5" longer than a YJ) that has the same box end AND TRE taper?

Thanks in advance!

Matt (tired of making 8 point turns into parking spots)

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've been looking around for a longer one also. The only thing I have found is an early bronco arm. The hole is too big, but you could have a machine shop fab an insert for you. Also, the clocking of the splines is probably off, but you can file away the keys.

The waggy arm isn't bent enough and will hit the sway bar (if you are running one) and has all the issues of the bronco arm.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Sam's Offroad in Tulsa has 'em. Or, you can cut yours and add to it with a chop saw and a welder.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
short one is a Skyjacker 4" drop TJ arm and the long one is a Skyjacker F-250 arm with the same drop. The holes are a bit different with the TJ a bit smaller, the box hole's the same. Would something like this help? What size taper do you need, i'll measure this one...

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
Originally posted by ManglerYROC Z:
<STRONG>I'm looking for a longer pitman arm to put some added levarage on the Scout Dana44 knuckles. I've seen a Scout pitman arm and it's like a mile long, so I need something similar. I've heard Waggie pitman arms are long and the box end is a fit, but the taper of the tie rod end at the other end of it is not the same as a YJ's TRE taper. Does anyone know off-hand if there is a long pitman arm (at least 1.5" longer than a YJ) that has the same box end AND TRE taper?

Thanks in advance!

Matt (tired of making 8 point turns into parking spots)</STRONG>
Have you considered changing your tierod setup? I'm assuming you're using a seperate tierod and drag link, if you used the combined style, that would help a bunch. On my 46, I'm installing a scout front end, but also using a scout steering box and pitman.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
'99

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Cutter:
<STRONG>short one is a Skyjacker 4" drop TJ arm and the long one is a Skyjacker F-250 arm with the same drop. The holes are a bit different with the TJ a bit smaller, the box hole's the same. Would something like this help? What size taper do you need, i'll measure this one...
</STRONG>
I'd like to use the same taper as a YJ drag link TRE. Should be identical to the TJ one. Do you know if there is a tie rod end that can match the taper of that hole that has 3/4 16 threads on the rod side? If so, That may be my answer, and I'll just have to build a new drag link. Something with that thread pitch would work out well because I already found one for the knuckle side.

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts