Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to move the tierod behind the knuckle on my front 60 to get rid of binding w/o touching the steering box...still more of a 'mild' build and perfectly happy with how it wheels, just need to improve the steering. I want to keep my ORO swayloc so no ditching the front crossmember to rotate the box and on a '99 my OBA sits right in where a coilover would run.

Got rid of the radius arms and went 3-link and flipped my current WFO arms (6.25" KP->TRE) to test...tags the shock at about 80% steering, looks like I need approx .75" longer to clear. Searched and read threads on highsteer arms till my eyes bled and haven't found many hard numbers as to length. Anyone know a double arm setup that would allow in the 7.5" range for the tierod and keep the 'normal' 6.25-ish for the DL? Already talked to Trevor at WFO and he's too busy right now to do a one off set.

Trying like hell to avoid running my tierod down in the stock position...

--Ian

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I got mine from parts mike parts

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, thanks for the links, most were in the other threads...don't know that any would work for me as things sit.

The Harsh Terrain stuff closest but I fear are too short...at 16" total length I could go approx 7" but that'd only leave about .5" of material beyond the bolt hole.

I tried to contact mad4wd both via phone and their contact page but haven't gotten a response.

I like the PM arms and had looked at them before and like w/ the springless setup but at 6 3/8" aren't long enough. I spoke with him at length and have a couple ideas, I'm gonna explore my options tomorrow when I have a little time. Might be back to rotating the steering box...

--Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts