Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that alot of yall have used the hiems that Gravel maker is selling in their kits. Anyone have quite a bit of wheeling on them? How are they holding up. Are they getting alot of slack in them?When I first built my steering the standard hiems that I used had quite a bit of slack in them after about 4 runs. I then replaced with cromo joints and never had a problem after that.

The Dana 44s I just removed were on the rubicon express joints. I had no troubles out of them but I'm going to 4 link the 60s when I install. This will be on about a 3000 lb Zuke. I beat my rig like it owes me money should I go with the 1.25s or will the smaller hiems be ok for a smaller rig? JJ

·
Registered
927 Posts
Dude there was just a thread about these and a few more months ago. Do a search and you will find all the info you are looking for. Look for cheap joints, cheap heim, or midwest control.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I run all Ruff stuff heims on my rig, in my steering and links and they laugh, they are just as tight now as they were when I got them. I have done a couple cal rocs comps, numerous trail runs, the vegas to reno race and KOH LCQ last year. Dans stuff is awesome, I would just rock the 1.25's bigger is better:D

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I could not find anything on the longevity of the jionts until I used the keywords Midwest Control. Then I found the thread that helped. JJ

·
Registered
763 Posts
why is it everyweek someone asks How are the -------- brand heims holding up. either search for info or buy the damn things and find out

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
why is it everyweek someone asks How are the -------- brand heims holding up. either search for info or buy the damn things and find out
So with that logic, if someone cannot determine the correct search terms they are not worthy of asking for information? Seems a little elitist. The search terms do not always bring the correct info on this site due to the mass of information.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because if you read my response above I did not see what I was looking for until I had the correct search words. And I thanked the poster for the search word to search for. Thanks for trying to be the Hardcore Pirate expert and telling me to go search on Pirate! JJ

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Dans stuff is awesome, I would just rock the 1.25's bigger is better:D
x2, no issues whatsoever with Dan's stuff, either the MWC, or the RES heims I've been running forever. 1.25" heims are so cheap from Dan, you'd be stupid not to run them, even on a light buggy, the increase in bearing surface area is huge, thus they'll last, much, much longer, and the shanks take some serious effort to bend.

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
Here's old thread.

And Dustin's summary.

Dan...pretty much every heim on the KOH TJ came from you (3/4 x 3/4 & 3/4 x 7/8)...do you recall which ones (MWC or RES) we ended up with??? They took some pretty damn hard abuse the way we've ran that TJ and are holding up well.

I hope we're getting the same ones in the most recent order Dallas placed with you as I'm pretty happy with those joints so far.
They worked for our abuse, were a good price, and the purchase and delivery was painless and quick....well, except when I forgot that there's 2 heims per link...my math ain't so good in my old age!

:laughing:

Oh well, a quick phone call for another order and all was good!

:homer:

·
Vertical Limits
5,037 Posts
I pay the money, I might as well put my hat in the ring as well:laughing:
I run the RES 1x1.25" on my lowers, am a distributor for RES, and am 20 minutes from them:flipoff2:
Consider me for them as well. I am sold on them, good stuff:smokin:

·
Registered
25,431 Posts
I guess its time for me to say something....

I saw this early on but you don't want to hear it from me you wanted to hear it from users....

For the record we only sell RES (Rod End Supply) 1.25" heims and Uniballs. That is because MWC dosen't make a 1.25" Chromoly Heim. All of our 7/8", 3/4", & 5/8" are MWC Chromoly because they have proven themselves and they are very fairly priced. A couple of weeks ago the President of MWC called me and thanked me for the business too. It seems we sell 20 times more of these than the next guy! Thats why our prices are so good too :)

But for now here are our prices as sets (the best way to buy them). A set is 2 complete rod ends (1LH & 1 RH) including weld bungs, jam nuts, & misalignment.....

3/4" set - $37.50

7/8" set - $49 (special sale)

1.25" sel (MWC) - $90

1.25" set (RES) - $135

So far this year we have sold a completely stupid number of Hiems because of the quality & prices! Thanks for your orders, and yes, we stock what we sell. I am not a dropshipper...

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
I saw this early on but you don't want to hear it from me you wanted to hear it from users....

For the record we only sell RES (Rod End Supply) 1.25" heims and Uniballs. That is because MWC dosen't make a 1.25" Chromoly Heim. All of our 7/8", 3/4", & 5/8" are MWC Chromoly because they have proven themselves and they are very fairly priced. A couple of weeks ago the President of MWC called me and thanked me for the business too. It seems we sell 20 times more of these than the next guy! Thats why our prices are so good too :)

But for now here are our prices as sets (the best way to buy them). A set is 2 complete rod ends (1LH & 1 RH) including weld bungs, jam nuts, & misalignment.....

3/4" set - $37.50

7/8" set - $49 (special sale)

1.25" sel (MWC) - $90

1.25" set (RES) - $135

So far this year we have sold a completely stupid number of Hiems because of the quality & prices! Thanks for your orders, and yes, we stock what we sell. I am not a dropshipper...
I have nothing but great things to say for the heims that I've gotten from Dan. Plenty of my customers are running them without a single problem yet. I have some on order now and will be placing more on order on Monday morning as a matter of fact.

Actually Dan, I need to get ahold of you and see if my last order has left yet, cause if not maybe we can combine it with the order I'm placing Monday morning. I can always call you direct to check with you.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I had put on the 1 1/4" heims (Non Cromo) and had some squeaking coming from them after I linked the rear of the rig. Called up Dan told him what was going on. Before I could even finish my sentence he said bring them back in and he would take care of me. Let me say Dan is a stand up guy and his customer service is top notch!!!!I have been in the 4x4 industry for about 12 years now and when it comes to customer service he beats anyone I have ever dealt with hands down!!!!!!!!!!
So i have been running the cromo 1" 1/4 and they r bullet proof

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'm very unhappy with mine. I've only had them installed for maybe 6 months and they're very rusty already. Plus it tooks weeks to get them. I called almost daily and was told they would ship the following day. This went on for several weeks.

-Joe

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
rusting? Mine have been nowhere but outside since I've installed them and the only place the rust is where I've ground them on rocks.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I'm very unhappy with mine. I've only had them installed for maybe 6 months and they're very rusty already. Plus it tooks weeks to get them. I called almost daily and was told they would ship the following day. This went on for several weeks.

-Joe
Did you get yours from Ballistic :laughing:

I have Dans 1.25" Cro Mo heims on all of my links and have had zero issues with them. If you are having an issue with the heims you got from Dan, call him and explain the situation to him. Dan treats his customers right and stands behind his products/service.

·
Registered
669 Posts

-Joe
Doesn't sound like Dan or anybody at Ruff Stuff at all.. Sounds like Ballistic..

·
Registered
489 Posts

-Joe
Finish wise mine are holding up fine, however I did run into the same availability/shipping issue you had. Ended up being one long story with fawkups from multiple parties. Thru it all, RS did make it right, but I will be keeping my money local from here on out with one of their competitors.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts