Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

from the vendor showcase thread

was wondering what everyone else's thoughts on this design were.

my questions from above thread.

i dont understand how you can get this to work without custom making rings for every different tire on the market. Sidewall thickness's vary greatly between manufactureres (sp?) and even different manuf's lines. how are you dealing with that?

Nate.

Edit: after looking at the pics again and thinking about it. looks like the outter ring will piviot on the inner "seal ring" thus forcing the outter edge down and clamping the tire IF you did in fact have a real thin sidewalled tire? but that clamping area will be greatly decreased in a situation like that.. instead of clamping along the whole surface of the bead of the tire.. you will only clamp a portion of that surface?

I still think that "seal ring" is a bad idea.

Any real world testing on this new and improved design? what tires? leaks?

Thanks,
Nate.

·
Registered
32,458 Posts
I like the fact that it sits in the bead lip and also the centering ring. Not that its difficult to center a tire on a beadlock, but it's just a nice detail.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i like how they sit inside the rim instead of ontop of it. but that too seems like it could be a problem. Instead of the tire being squarshed against a flat surface its going to be squarshed against the uneven weld all the way around. Now, this could actually help the tire by actually clamping it down more, but it could also create alot of leak spots. dunno.. i just dont see that space ring working for crap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts