Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my uncle went to moab this weeken and broke the axle shaft off on the hub side of the longfield. is that part of the warranty.

thanks zach

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
And post back here what he says... I wanna know if my Longs with the unlimited warranty covers the "stub"portion or not. ;)

That said, I wonder why it broke on that bigger, 1.3"/30-spline portion, and not the smaller 27-spline spot on the inner axle shaft, like they usually do. :confused:

Was this a long side axle, by any chance?

·
Registered
244 Posts
From what I've heard in the past he only warranties the bell and inner cages. Those are the pieces that get his special treatment process. He told my friend when he bought his that he(Bobby) has no control and doesn't do anything to the outer stub shaft. I would give him a call and get the exacts.

·
Registered
159 Posts
He covered mine :D

This could have changed by now because I was one of the first ones to break one.

Bobby is the man, even if he does not cover them anymore, I am sure he will hook you up with a deal on a new one.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
TT said:
From what I've heard in the past he only warranties the bell and inner cages. Those are the pieces that get his special treatment process. He told my friend when he bought his that he(Bobby) has no control and doesn't do anything to the outer stub shaft. I would give him a call and get the exacts.
Weird. Aren't the bell and the outer shaft one piece?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts