Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a project dual sport bike base, need help

I'm looking for a project "dual sport" motorcycle. NO engine is fine. 500cc model and up to ensure it's got heavy duty enough components for the project.

Building a diesel dual sport bike. Daily commuter

My project head is in Barstow CA so the closer to that part of the world the better.

Can trade some cash or beer orr???

Other items looking for to help w/ project

20 to 25hp diesel Rugerinnni, Lambardini, Hatz, Briggs and Stratt/Diahastsu (sp?) engines etc.

small foot print transmision high range low rang or more gears.

Transport of finished project from Barstow to north TX

thanx in advance

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
there is a company that made diesel KLR650's for the Marine Corps, that say they will eventually manufacture a civilian model. Maybe get your hand on one of these? I have never seen one on govliquidation.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
there is a company that made diesel KLR650's for the Marine Corps, that say they will eventually manufacture a civilian model. Maybe get your hand on one of these? I have never seen one on govliquidation.
I am well aware of that company. (Hayes Diversified Technologies (HDTUSA)) Lots of promises to lots of people and lots of investments but still no bike in production.

They I believe do manufacture a gas model for the military as their contract. They hype the diesel and have a few displays but nothing working well enough to put in production.

I do have a slight indirect connection to whats going on there.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still looking

Also looking for a Hatz, Ruggerini or Lombardini diesel around 20hp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts