Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
'82 Toyota pickup for $300. I guess the engine runs but it's not great need work. It's a carbed engine anyway so I guess I am planning on swapping an EFI one in there. The frame is solid but the bed is rusty. It has 33x12.50 Kumho MT's on it and a 4" suspension lift and semi new procomp ES3000 shocks not a bad find for $300.
It turns out it's a buddy of mine's g/f's old truck they sold it 6 years ago for $3400. He told they put some patches on the frame which are still way solid. Iit had a engine put in it that had 70k on it back when they had it. It has 144,000 miles on it currently.
Anyways so now I know the history of it and what it needs now which is cool.

Some pics




 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,352 Posts
Ditch most of that sheet metal and you will be good to go :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
854 Posts
Sweet find

Now aren't you glad you didn't trade your runner :flipoff2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,501 Posts
Damn I love those fenders! If I ever have a pocket full of 'stupid' money I'm going to have those fenders grafted onto a 1st gen 4Runner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,239 Posts
Like I told Brian, that is the truck that I built for the g/f 7 years ago. She sold it for $3400, when it looked MUCH better than that!!
I will try to get some pics tomorrow.

Really, it was pretty nice at one time...

(and I want it back ya bastid.)
 

·
Wicked Raciest !
Joined
·
17,734 Posts
Good find

Lexox bought one for three hundred a few years ago, He really bought the tires and wheels and the guy through in the rest. It was only running on three, best thing about it, it is a California rig, no rust!!!!! :grinpimp: He has it pretty tricked out now!!!!! :grinpimp:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
rabid said:
Like I told Brian, that is the truck that I built for the g/f 7 years ago. She sold it for $3400, when it looked MUCH better than that!!
I will try to get some pics tomorrow.

Really, it was pretty nice at one time...

(and I want it back ya bastid.)
Hehe why did you sell it then?
Ok I'll sell it back you for umm $1400... J/K
I think it's gonna make a nice wheelin rig especially when converted to EFI and when I junk the rusty bed for a Flatbed... :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,239 Posts
Lets do a quick list of what i did to it:
weber 32/36
new motor
brute clutch
new fenders/bumper/mounts/grill
paint
carpet
lift
tires
wheels
winch mount
rollbar
rear end
ujoints
brakes



this is making me pissed.

The g/f said " I want a truck with big wheels" (really.)

1 year after the mild buildup- " I can't get in it with a skirt..."

Sold it and bought a rabbit convertible.
a white one.
with a white interior.
and a fetching white top.

It pains me to this day.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
rabid said:
Lets do a quick list of what i did to it:
weber 32/36
new motor
brute clutch
new fenders/bumper/mounts/grill
paint
carpet
lift
tires
wheels
winch mount
rollbar
rear end
ujoints
brakes



this is making me pissed.

The g/f said " I want a truck with big wheels" (really.)

1 year after the mild buildup- " I can't get in it with a skirt..."

Sold it and bought a rabbit convertible.
a white one.
with a white interior.
and a fetching white top.

It pains me to this day.....
I know I am being a pain in the arse. Hey at least it's saved and not sitting on the pile of toyotas out there in the yard.
Don't worry Dan it won't get bastardized too much. It will receive much loving hey you saw the love I give my 4 runner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,184 Posts
Yea and you should call it "Rusty"

chop that shiet UP! :flipoff2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Just curious do alot of people goto EFI with these things or stay carb'ed? How hard would it be to drop in a EFI motor, harness, ECU and fuel tank?? While I am at it I might as well drop in the IFS steering box too. Any pros staying with the orginal transmission and t-case?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
934RNR said:
Just curious do alot of people goto EFI with these things or stay carb'ed?
I'd slap a Weber carb on there, save alot of money and trouble and be able to pull some power out. Nothin wrong with a carb. Alot of my buddies swear by carbed 22re's.

I've got dual Weber IDF's on my vw and they're easy to tweak.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,032 Posts
Where's the tech? :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I also heard some where the bearings were weak in the 81-83 transmissions. Should I go score a W56 from a newer 84-up 4cyl as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts
Dude, see what happens when the voice of reason rules? You find a much better deal down the road. That truck is a WAY better deal at $300 than the white 85 xcab at $2500 you were talking about the other day PLUS you get to keep the 4runner. Enjoy!!

Kurt G.
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top