Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, After a couple weeks of insanity, it's great to be home and working towards an organised event. Coming off the great CRCA event (thanks to all that put that on) it was literally culture shock to go compete in Baja...tough, slick courses that were not designed with success in mind (odd, when we were 1000 miles from a good hospital), the worst judging possible (OMFG, thanks to the CalRocs judges and Kelly!), as well as coming home with empty pockets. I tell you this...
I CAN'T WAIT FOR CALROCS!

Question for Rich...will we need to base-camp away from the actual comp area like at Put-UP?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hey dustin, This is Ande CRCA media Photographer..glad that you made it back safe.. Hope that you had a good time.. Jeff and I and a few others will be up at cal rocs this weekend.. I will have a disk for you with pictures that I took at crca two weeks ago..

How is the foot doing? I take it that you got your trans fixed after blowing it out at crca....

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Camping will be allowed just outside the comp area, just as last time.

Glad you made it back, and thanks.

Rich

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Glad you made it there and back okay, Dustin. We started to get worried when the small bits of info started coming in and no one seemed to know where you were. Sorry you didn't do better, but I'm glad you guys are alright. Jeff will be at the CalRocks event with ande this weekend, but I'll be home (studying!!) so look him up!

If you're competing, Break a leg!! (oops!!):emb3: No, wait, Good Luck!!

Angie

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
YJ Bill said:
Hey Rich

Is the event in the same spot as the last? It looks like the directions on the calrocs site are a little different??

Same area, Same directions......we'll be on the back side of the ridge that we used on the sunday of the last event.

Rich

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: Lookin forward to CalRocs

jp junkie said:

Empty pockets? I thought every competitor was going to get something.:confused:
We were supposed to but as of yet...no prize money for anyone...supposedly, the check is in the mail :rolleyes:
Can't say it won't come, but this is event #4 of 4 in Mexico that I've returned with ZERO DINERO.

Didn't much care for the course, didn't get paid, zero organisation...again I'll say, I'M REALLY LOOKIN FORWARD TO CALROCS!!!

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
Who put on the Mexico event? From what I've read so far they don't know shiat about putting on a crawling event.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Can I just say I wish I was leaving to go down there today...

I think this is going to be a great season! Looking forward to it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.