Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in general chit chat and was told to post over here two.

OK, i've been deployed for almost a year now, i'm 21 and i'm going home in a month. I have set a max of 17k for a new DD for myself. i used to DD my jeep but it's gotten to out there to really dd anymore. I have a motorcycle for the summers/nice days. I've been very confused on what vehicle to buy.
The must haves: 4 wheel drive, 4 doors(enough room for me friends/family and all our crap), ~20mpg
Wants: 2003 or newer, diesel(because of long life), be able to tow my jeep

My problem is i'm not a car guy i like suv's and trucks, i live where i 100% need a 4x4. I have thought about a ram2500 or a sierra/silverado 2500 but i dont know how diesel prices are and i've thought about a 4 door jk, but i dont know if i could tow my 1ton yj with that.

Thoughts suggestions...
jeepbonehead is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Toss out the 20 mpg requirement and go get yourself a couple year old Chevy/GMC 2500 Crew cab with a 6.0. Drive the crap out of it - sell it when you are tired of it. The Chevy trucks make great daily drivers with the cushy front ends and the 6.0 is the 'new' run forever, make a ton of power, no problems engine.

If you do not tow a lot a diesel is a waste of money. And if you are going to be deployed again in the next 2 years why spend extra money for something that is going to sit?

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
4 door cummins with a manual

1 - 5 of 5 Posts