Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something all aluminum. I have a '90 Isuzu Amigo with a 4.3 engine transplant. I can't fit the stock fan/shroud.

I'll take some accurate dimensions after the cold weather and ice disappear. I'm guessing 2-core 1.5-2 x 26W x 19H. Maybe triple core. Because of the clearance issues I'll have to run a Perma-pusher only ! That's why an wellbuilt/overdone radiator is necessary.

The generic Chevy radiator from Summit is probably a good platform to start with. I know some of you folks have had radiators built to suit some pretty fawked-up vehicles :flipoff2:

I heard of a guy in AZ who custom builds 'em but I'm looking for some alternatives.

I can't find anyone locally that want's my business
:mad: dumb asses

Gracias

·
Registered
17,017 Posts
One of the S-10 SBC conversion radiators might be a decent choice as well. Hose connections are the same for the 4.3L and the radiator is made for a smaller engine bay.

Hef

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
i'm using a Griffin in my 89 trooper w/ 350 small block conversion.

there are a variety of sizes available. Isuzu uses a fairly standard size.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
I would say a griffin too...thats what I am using...all you need is the size you want (L and W) and the configuration you want (so you would want Chevy) got mine at Summitracing.com...they are the cheapest ones but if you talk to most Hot Rod guys they say the griffins are the best...FWIW

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.