Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title states it all. I did a search under TBI PROM and got no usuable results.

Can someone recommend a shop or person to burn a prom for a Chevy 7747 ECU?

Or failing that, can someone recommend the equipment so I can burn it myself?

Basically, I'm looking to make a 454 prom with no smog pump, egr, or charcoal canister functions.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
There are shops to have that done, and I would keep looking. But if you insist on doing it yourself...

1. need access to specific modified S-record file that will suit your needs.

2. programmer (depending on the voltage of the device). A 3 volt device can be programmed with an EMP-30, which is rather expensive at Fry's Electronics. But, if the PROM is a 5 volt device, an EMP-20 can be used. I would check Ebay for this. The EMP-20 at Fry's last year was under 400.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Actually, if you have the ECU somewhere near you, pull the sticker off of the PROM and tell me the manufacturers part number and name. I can tell you what device it is and what voltage. I might be able to program it too. I have all the equipment. Just need the s-rec file.

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
http://www.customefis.com/

Get Win ALDL off the link on that site (besure toi slid the guy a few bucks on pay pal because he jus basicly set up up with diagnostcs stuff that is every bit as good as GM dealer) and get a log. That guy will taylor a chip to what he see's on that log and what you tell him the engine is.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
'7747 ECMs use the 2732 or 2732A EPROMs. 2732's program at 25V and 2732A's program at 21V. If you're going to program yourself, get a Pocket Programmer II from Xtronics. You'll also need a UV eraser.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Send me the bin And I wil burn it for you for a cupple bucks (for the chip). I cant make you a custum bin because I dont trust myself enough to do it for someone elce. But I have the Equipment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts