Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys we're looking for a tilt steering column for our '77 CJ7. What columns from which rigs will work? Where should I start looking and what should I expect to pay?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I have used two, but on an early CJ. One was from a 92 Camarro and one from a lat 80's S10. They were both custom install, but the length was very close to correct. My latest one, S10, I got on Ebay brand new from a guy that did not finish his Jeep. The other one was also from Ebay from a wrecked car, but was in perfect shape. Both were under $100 shipped.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
1972CJ5+1 said:
I have used two, but on an early CJ. One was from a 92 Camarro and one from a lat 80's S10. They were both custom install, but the length was very close to correct. My latest one, S10, I got on Ebay brand new from a guy that did not finish his Jeep. The other one was also from Ebay from a wrecked car, but was in perfect shape. Both were under $100 shipped.
Those are GM-type columns; lots of rigs run 'em. I have the same flavor in my -5, but it's from an early XJ.

Eric Ruhl's -7 has a GM column as well.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
joey93turbo said:
What columns from which rigs will work? Where should I start looking and what should I expect to pay?
joey93turbo said:
What're the chances of finding an original Jeep column?
So you ask one thing then another . . .

What do you really want?

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
joey93turbo said:
What're the chances of finding an original Jeep column?
keep looking.
my 82 cj-5 came with one and as far as i can tell they look exactly the same as one from any full size jeep so that may be a swap also

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have a jeep YJ and i put a tilt colum out of a 89 chevy two wheel drive truck in.It bolted right in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts