Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, here's the deal, i have a student that is looking for an fj40, daily driver/hunting type rig. needs to be fairly clean and RELIABLE. he has a budget of 5000.00 and could go higher if he finds the right rig. anybody know of anyone with something for sale around central calif? post up and ill forward to him. thanks in advance....

chris :cool2:

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Try this.

Sadlers Trailers on 41, one of the guys that works there (only 2 I think) has a nephew that has a fairly clean FJ40. I think needs a little engine work and it could be runnning. I don't recall any names but the thing has been sitting at his mother house for at least 5 years and I've never seen it move.

·
Registered
17,122 Posts
i know of a really clean cruiser that's gonna go on ebay this weekend. it's a 77 with a chevy 327 in it and won't pass the local smog laws due to the fenderwell headers. very clean body, only needs a tiny bit of tlc. driveable right now with no problems. if he's very interested, i should be able to delay the auction and get you some more pics. it belongs to a friend of mine. bad news is he needs to get more than $5k for it....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
holy cow george! that has the same winch i have! "TX2 2-speed".... that makes this one the third ive ever SEEN. good winch. (i bought the second one i ever saw) as far as budget goes, i think this kid has more than 5k to spend but it has to be worth it for him to step up for that. ill see this kid tomorrow and pass this on to him. i wont be at school friday so if i dont catch him tomorrow itll be monday. thanks for posting a pic. guys, keep em coming.

chris:cool2:

·
Registered
173 Posts
If you are around Modesto I saw a nice 40 at one of the stealerships on auto row (2 weeks ago?). Heading south it was on the right. It was tan and up on their display ramp. Looked real nice from the street and might be worth some phone calls.

I know you said he wanted a turn-key rig but there is also a stock builder for sale up the road from me (almost to Bear Valley). I haven't stopped to look at it but if your buddy is interested in a project I can probably take a look at it and shoot some pictures this weekend.

Good Luck

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wheelin4 said:
If you are around Modesto I saw a nice 40 at one of the stealerships on auto row (2 weeks ago?). Heading south it was on the right. It was tan and up on their display ramp. Looked real nice from the street and might be worth some phone calls.

I know you said he wanted a turn-key rig but there is also a stock builder for sale up the road from me (almost to Bear Valley). I haven't stopped to look at it but if your buddy is interested in a project I can probably take a look at it and shoot some pictures this weekend.

Good Luck
The one at Modesto Toyota? Right...they want 12K for it. Looks like it just has a fancy paint job and that is about it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've seen a really clean looking late 70's (I think) model going up and down Shaw with a for sale sign in the window several times lately. It's mustard colored. I never see it parked though, and I am never close enough to read the price or phone number on the sign in the window.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Fourrunner said:
The one at Modesto Toyota? Right...they want 12K for it. Looks like it just has a fancy paint job and that is about it.
Glad someone checked it out. Like I said, it looked good driving by at 40mph. . .

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, well the one george posted my brother bought...:shaking: my student is still looking..... anyone else?

·
Registered
608 Posts

As I said, I don't really want to sell it but there is a Toyota I am looking at so this is just in the thinking about stage. I am in Manteca and will only take 7000.00 or very close for it. It runs perfect and just needs lockers and power steering.

I wanted to edit this post because it sounds like I am an A-hole for demanding that price. So everyone knows, I am not really looking to sell it unless I can buy a completely built rig and I found one for that price (7,000). I have ruptured a few disks in my back and I don't think I can wrench for a while, but I want to wheel when I can (with a back brace). So in short, I am not motivated to sell, but if the cards fall in place to transition to another rig, easily and without troubles, I would consider selling it.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
where are you slickrock?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts