Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to start building a cage for my truck, but I don't want to have to go back and redo any of it after seeing everyone else's work AFTER mine is done. SO... I figured I would come out here and ask for some pics of the coolest cages and/or ideas for fabbing my cage. I've got a fullsize Chevy K5 Blazer that I want to create a cage that fits tight inside the body. I am mainly looking for roll over protection, not really so much for stiffening the body. Last, what size tube would be best to use? 1.75", 2", 2.25"??? Thanks for the ideas all!

-Dan

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN....

I HAVE GOTTEN SO MENY IDEAS OFF THIS BOARD IN THE LAST MONTH I NEED TO BUILD 5 DIFFERENT RIGS TO USE THEM ALL

YOU DEFINATLY NEED TO SURF ON POR MORE:rolleyes:

:flipoff2: NEWBIE

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok... I guess I deserved that... my bad for not searchin... so much for a simple question. Either way, all you smart asses - thanks for the input. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Dude, what are you, a fawking moron? What you're wanting to do is create a roll cage, not a buggy. Use 1.75 or 2", .120 wall and you'll be fine. Or just steal a cage from one of your buddies. I'm sure they won't mind.

And quit asking stupid questions, you're gonna make everyone think you're a fawking newbie....you fawking newbie:flipoff2:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And quit asking stupid questions, you're gonna make everyone think you're a fawking newbie....you fawking newbie:flipoff2: [/B]

Awww sh!t, here we go. Look out for this bastard ppl, he's a real quick one.

-Dan

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey tablerocktoy, fawk off. This one post newbie is my buddy, if you can believe that. He's a nice guy huh? I'm gonna whoop his ass for that sh!t next time I see him... :mad:

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
JoeMama said:
Hey tablerocktoy, fawk off. This one post newbie is my buddy, if you can believe that. He's a nice guy huh? I'm gonna whoop his ass for that sh!t next time I see him... :mad:
Shut up.

This thread is a cluster fawk from the get go. You have basically posted up that you want to steal other peoples cage ideas, and not only that, you would like them brought to you so you can do it. You don't want to search, instead we are supposed to do the leg work for you too? :rolleyes: You don't even know if you want a buggy or cage! There's a difference you know. :shaking:

Pull your head out of you arse and search. This is one of those topics that has been covered a bunch of times before. Be creative and make your own designs, and learn a bit about what you are doing before you build a life saving device. There is a whole lot of info on cage design on this site if you take the time to look, but don't expect everyone to do the work for you.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Leg humper... yup. That about sums your story up, doesn't it.

NO SHIT!??? There is a difference between a buggy and a cage? WOW. Thats great info, thanks for enlightening me. :flipoff2:

Listen, I know I should have searched. I think I admitted that awhile ago... and yea, I thought that some folks out here might like to brag about their cool ideas, and what has really worked for them in the past. Too bad you bastards are all too worried about newbie status to lend a hand. Maybe when I get 2000 posts racked up from helping others out, I can come out here asking for help with out getting jumped on.

And as for searching, see the guys link above. See all the great pics and content found by that search? I sure didn't. But whatever. I see how you folks are now.:flipoff2:

-Dan (YES, my name is Dan)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BINGO! Finally someone just willing to help! Thanks man! I like the look of the 2"... but it seems that it may be a little on the large side. Maybe I will go to 1.75". Thanks for the pics. The cage looks great!

-Dan

·
Registered
570 Posts
LOL!!! hes your buddy!!! Thats funny as fawk :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Dan no need to get a pissy were just jerkin yer chain. Sit back have a :beer: and read up! Everything your askin for is right there in that search that was posted..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TablerockToy said:
LOL!!! hes your buddy!!! Thats funny as fawk :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Dan no need to get a pissy were just jerkin yer chain. Sit back have a :beer: and read up! Everything your askin for is right there in that search that was posted..
:beer: NOW THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!! Ya know, I hate acting like a tough ass, but when everyone comes out here and trashes a guy for a dumb question... a guys gotta get a little on the defensive side... :goofball:

-Dan

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Well, so far nobody has seen you look like a tough ass, just a dumb ass. Why don't you tell us what you're looking to build/ build up and maybe that would help out a little more. Blanket requests don't work too well. If you want help, do some research and then ask specific questions.

Just trying to help a DAN out :flipoff2:

Easy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts