Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wonderin' if some of you guys could give me some feedback
as far as the experience you're having (those that are equipped!)
with any brand of crawler gears in a stock cruiser one-piece case.
Or with any of the aftermarket reduction boxes.(Klune's, AA Rokbox, homemade, etc.)
Thanks-ahead of time!!

Kruzrtek
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I have recently installed the NEW Marlin ToyBox for the split tcase behind my sm420. The install was very straightforward, everything needed (except shifter linkages) was included, and fit perfectly. The ToyBox added almost 9" to the drivetrain length.

The new found Low/Low is awesome. Places that I couldn't climb before because of too much wheel speed/traction ratio are now doable. The control on the rocks is a biggy too, finesse instead of pedal.

Here is a LINK to some of the early pics of it going in. We fabbed some overkill linkage with heims that I haven't got pics of yet.

At $1399 this is a killer setup!

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Mike have you had the rig out in hot weather since you put the expanded metal floor in?
I was thinking as hot as my floorboards get in Texas, when it is 90+ degrees, that might not work here.....

Butch

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
texican said:
Mike have you had the rig out in hot weather since you put the expanded metal floor in?
I was thinking as hot as my floorboards get in Texas, when it is 90+ degrees, that might not work here.....

Butch
Yes I ran it that way last summer, late July and on. I also have the opening where the heater blower was, so lots of warm air gets in. Especially when the fan clutch is engaged, then I get a blast thru the hood vents too.

I didn't notice it as much from the floor as the other places. I also moved the muffler back behind me, to keep that heat away. You might be right in your climate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts