Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
my 42 was soa on little bfg 33's, looked ok, tho I reached a catch 22 stage on the rear...it sat too high for me, but if I lowered it by taking out leafs, there goes all load carrying ability.
it's been a pain in the ass for me lately, having a roofrack 9 feet in the air, so I'm going back sua.
projects already underway, I just didn't use the benefits often enough to justify the drawbacks.

gonna miss the soft ride tho.
have pics, if someone want's to post em for me.

cheers,
ryan

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey Ryan, don't think I've ever seen pics of your rig... mind posting some?

Tell you what... I'm thinking of going SOA and you want to go back to SUA... I'll trade you my 40 for your 42 :D

And you can even have all that nice aftermarket rust, for free!

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
DM: I will look at the springs when i get the FJ back (Hopefully soon!). But from what i have seen their is no shackle lift at all and the BL is the only thing i can see. The BL is in their to better fit the engine so i would prefer not to have to take it out and go threw the hassle. I Cant believe it has been over 4 months since i have sat behind the wheel of my Land Cruiser :crybaby2:

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
seapotato said:
my 42 was soa on little bfg 33's, looked ok, tho I reached a catch 22 stage on the rear...it sat too high for me, but if I lowered it by taking out leafs, there goes all load carrying ability.
it's been a pain in the ass for me lately, having a roofrack 9 feet in the air, so I'm going back sua.
projects already underway, I just didn't use the benefits often enough to justify the drawbacks.

gonna miss the soft ride tho.
have pics, if someone want's to post em for me.

cheers,
ryan
send me the [email protected]!

·
Registered
178 Posts
burnt03 said:
Tell you what... I'm thinking of going SOA and you want to go back to SUA... I'll trade you my 40 for your 42 :D

And you can even have all that nice aftermarket rust, for free! [/B]

hmmmmm....lemme think....:flipoff2:

heh heh, front axles maybe if you weren't all the way out in kelowna...!
got most of the parts together, cept for a stock drag link to make a saginaw/lc one out of, and a passenger side steering arm.
all has to be done before the girlfriend gets back and wants her car.
cheers,
ryan
(sent you the pics bj, thanks for the offer!)

·
Registered
178 Posts
woohoo, the cruisers famous!!!

tires look a little small, but not that bad. didn't bother me too much, and the rear end was pretty tall.
tons of room to stuff them anyways. even those 33's would rub on the front fenders when shit got really bent around.
pictures of the truck with white bits are from about a year ago, then some chick used the word cute...so I painted all that shit black. now she thinks its' ugly. which is much better...

thanks burnt! heh, had to get the canadian shot in there....

cheers,
ryan

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Here is mine with 1 inch over stock spring, SOA and 35's

Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
seapotato said:
woohoo, the cruisers famous!!!

tires look a little small, but not that bad. didn't bother me too much, and the rear end was pretty tall.
tons of room to stuff them anyways. even those 33's would rub on the front fenders when shit got really bent around.
pictures of the truck with white bits are from about a year ago, then some chick used the word cute...so I painted all that shit black. now she thinks its' ugly. which is much better...

thanks burnt! heh, had to get the canadian shot in there....

cheers,
ryan
damn i was just gunna post them

oh well too cool they are up!!!

nice work!!

·
Banned
34,097 Posts
74_Chevota said:
This is also what i am looking into. For my birthday i got a brand new set of 33" MTR's and everyday i look at them they get smaller :D I want 35's but i dont realy have the money right now and these are new. i would like to go SOA but am afraid the 33's will look small. The reason i want to go SOA is because the next set of tires i get will be 35's and i dont want to have to sell my lift springs and go through all that when i can just do SOA in the first place. :) Thanks guys! And i know that was very confusing to read ;)

*Sam*
I'll trade you my 35" mtr's with 7K miles on them for your 33's.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Scotttaco: I wish i could but since the FJ rolled my dad isnt too thrilled with the idea of getin bigger meats. In a few years when i wear these 33's out i will definatly be movein up to 35's though.

When my brother moves up to 35's on his Cherokee i will have an excuse to go bigger! Mabey i should be lookin into 37's :p :D

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Here is mine. Of course I just cut off front fenders, trimmed a bit in the rear and geting ready for 37" MTR's.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Yeah theyare 33's, look closely and you'll see that about 2" of the body has been cut away!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts