Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for ideas for the front of my current project. I'm putting a Sammy body on my Toyota frame (already has a lot of good stuff but the body rotted away). I'm trying to keep the wheelbase as long as possible so I'll be mounting the body back a bit which leaves the grille etc unusable. I'll be tubing quite a bit, probably keeping the hood and ditching or modifing everything else below it. Lets see what ya got. TC

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
maybe 3Cs should try other Zuki sites then.
or maybe just going the hard way - and reading different threads.

just cause PBB search is temp. down doesn't mean the end of the world

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, search is down and when I posted there were only four pages available, didn't find many on those. Thanks tdavis, I'll give that a try.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
3Cs said:
Yep, search is down and when I posted there were only four pages available, didn't find many on those. Thanks tdavis, I'll give that a try.
I have some pics PM me your email addy. Jim

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Just kidding , I'm cutting that one up for parts.
But here's a pic of another member's rig, came from a thread that was a good writeup on a 4-link suspension. :)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Personnally I like the tubed front end, lot more access to the engine when you need it. Why fight with extra sheet metal when you really don't need it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
3Cs said:
I posted there were only four pages available, didn't find many on those. .
The reason there were only four pages is because you weren't signed into the page.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Whoa ! the Gods of seaarch are GETTIN IT !

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks gang, I like the idea of incorporating some of the grille, think I'm going with something like that. TC

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Reddog said:
Just kidding , I'm cutting that one up for parts.
But here's a pic of another member's rig, came from a thread that was a good writeup on a 4-link suspension. :)
Thanks, but I think this is a better shot to see what the front looks like now.

I am planning on re-doing the front in the next few weeks; I am going to change the head light mounts so I can get the PIAA's down under the hood for better protection.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I like it ! That's why I kept the pic. I think you did a great job. How's the 4-link working out ?

If I ever get my project done maybe we'll meet on the trail this summer. There's some great trails right up here near Pioneer.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts