Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove my Jeep from Missoula MT to California specifically to run the Rubicon Trail, or at least part of it. I know I can't take on this endeavor by myself; therefore I am attempting to find someone to run with on this discussion board. I have moderate experience offroading and can handle my fair share. Please let me know if anyone is willing to have someone tag along for the day or weekend. I have been told that my vehicle is perfectly capable for the trail.

Thanks, and looking forward to a great run!! :D

Mike

·
Registered
74 Posts
well I'm not to far off from you. I have done only half of the trail last year. at that time I was driving a 94 Wrangler with 2.5 inches of lift and 33" tires. My YJ ad open diffs with 3.07 gears. I did OK, but just seeing all the sweet rigs with huge lifts and just built so well I knew I had to spend some big bucks to upgrade, plus being new to rock crawling myself it was very likely I would buy all the wrong things or mess it all up while doing the install. That's why I bought the Rubicon. Now for the time being I can run the trail while learning from the much more experienced wheelers and not worry about to many troubles. So, I think we both will be a couple "tag alongs" to the more experienced driver, but until then we can roll together? when?

Daniel

·
Registered
648 Posts
Rubicon June 21

We should be at Buck Island on Friday June 20th. We will be at the Rubicon from the 18th through the 21st in at Loon out at Wentworth springs. we should be behind the Rubithon.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
There will be heaps of folks there, including FOTR (Friends of the Rubicon) doing trail work and maintenance on the 21st. I just drove in and out yesterday and the trail's in good shape, at least to Buck Island (not a lot of snow left but plenty of mud). Just be sure to obey trail rules such as not going off the trail to wheel in restricted areas, leaving trash, etc. Closurists want this trail shut down and they are looking for anyone who violates rules and restrictions to give ammo to their cause.

If you are a ham op, we have a repeater freq you can use while wheeling.

:) Barb

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I'm not to far off from you. I have done only half of the trail last year. at that time I was driving a 94 Wrangler with 2.5 inches of lift and 33" tires. My YJ ad open diffs with 3.07 gears. I did OK, but just seeing all the sweet rigs with huge lifts and just built so well I knew I had to spend some big bucks to upgrade, plus being new to rock crawling myself it was very likely I would buy all the wrong things or mess it all up while doing the install. That's why I bought the Rubicon. Now for the time being I can run the trail while learning from the much more experienced wheelers and not worry about to many troubles. So, I think we both will be a couple "tag alongs" to the more experienced driver, but until then we can roll together? when?

Daniel
Well, I want to be at the trail early Saturday morning. You said you were only out to part of the trail, do you know it well enough to run safe and within legal bounds?

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
Skorch, I met you last year at Rubithon. You were all stacked up behind the tard in the Bronco who had not realized that his fuel tank was empty and instead of switching to tank #2 he held you up for an hour. Maybe we'll see ya this year. The only trail runs you should have is the marlin crew on friday.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Skorch, I met you last year at Rubithon. You were all stacked up behind the tard in the Bronco who had not realized that his fuel tank was empty and instead of switching to tank #2 he held you up for an hour. Maybe we'll see ya this year. The only trail runs you should have is the marlin crew on friday.
the bronco guy cost me a locker - he drug a dinosaur egg into my path - i hope he never runs the trail again in that orangina bronco

·
Registered
648 Posts
Its all coming back to me now. Smashed air tank, non functioning ARB and he had an FJ cruiser with him who didn't have any problems. Kid with pane powerd fj buggy diff"d said dinosaur egg out of way. Hope to catch up with you guy's again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts