Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who live in the SE. If you were to move there again, where would you live?
I'm looking to transfer with the company I work for, so where I move has to be within an area the company serves.
My main criteria are as follows. Good schools, good hunting, low taxes, lack of gun laws, decent cost of living/housing, areas/communities with conservative values, and of course some wheeling.
We are primarily looking at NC, TN, GA, SC, but are open to suggestions.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I live in SC but if you are looking for all of that You need to be in Greenville area SC, Ashville area NC, Knoxville to Chattanooga TN. and North east GA is not bad as well. So pretty much in the mountains. Also Nashville is not bad I lived there for 2 years but it is a little to flat for me.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Tennessee or Alabama, no questions asked. Alabama is open carry in public and has more offroad parks than anyone in the country. The smokies are just plan beautiful

·
Registered
481 Posts
I second the Greenville, SC area. Asheville is an absolutely beautiful place, but is a little more liberal than my tastes...

·
Registered
220 Posts
GA has the best gun laws, or rights I guess you'd say as of July 1st. 3rd in the nation according to Guns & Ammo. And it's central to all the others mentioned, so wheeling or hunting is never over the top far away if your local area isn't working out for you. Schools... you're in the SE, not going to be a whole lot of difference. Seems like a while back, AL, GA, and MS were always battling for worst scores in the country, but that's also supplied by who knows with whatever kind of agenda. School's more about what goes on at home.
Good luck. Also, great area if you're into dirtbikes.
Best States for Gun Owners 2014 | Guns & Ammo

·
Registered
26 Posts
I live in Fletcher and about 10 miles from down town Asheville. It's not that bad... The best thing I like about asheville are the breweries. We have awesome craft beer here. If I had another choice i think i would chose Tennessee somewhere between Knoxville and Chattanooga, just because TN has some great wheeling parks. just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Okay good gun laws and taxes? Pretty much every state in the southeast. Now good public schools can be hard down here, most rural schools seem to be way better than the city schools. I went to a city public school in Nashville and that ghetto shit was a huge joke, the No child left behind policy in TN is just sad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts