Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I have done a search and read many many post. Maybe I missed it but I can't find exactly what I am looking for.:flipoff2:

I am looking for the shortest possible NV4500 and Atlas II combo with a driver side drop and approx. 5-7 degrees rotation. It must be flatter than a stock 231. I am willing to redrill holes, but then I want specific answers, NOT... well this may work. :rolleyes: I want proof! :D

I have a GM 32 spline version right now, but I am going to rebuild it, so I am willing to reshaft it for the shortest combo. I don't have the Atlas II yet, so I can order any input shaft version. This is going into a XJ so length is of some concern.

I also checked AA's site and there is not enough info. I can use my stock 32 spline shaft and buy 2 adapters that will give me 8 rotation choices and one of them is 7 degrees. I am looking for a combo that is shorter than the 32 spline version and still give me a near flat rotation.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Not sure what you're asking here... But some specific information (I run this combo in my CJ):

1) The NV4500/Atlas 2 combo shouldn't NEED any adapters, it's a bolt-up combo if you have the correct components.

2) You don't need anything to clock it up to get the desired clearance you are looking for, the front of the T-case has four options to choose from. http://atlas-tc.com/download/download.html

3) I run this in a stock CJ-7 with stock wheelbase still have a 16.5" rear running length, you should have no problems getting it into a cherokee.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can anyone elaborate on the 29 spline option. From what I read in the AA manuals it is the same length as the dodge 23 spline. I can understand going with the 29 over the 23 for strength issues, but I already have a 32 spline. The problem with the AA manuals is that they only provide enough info to buy their products.

1) The NV4500/Atlas 2 combo shouldn't NEED any adapters, it's a bolt-up combo if you have the correct components.
I agree. But depending on the parts you have, only certain options are available according to the AA manual. With my Chevy tailshaft housing and my XJ 231J, I didn't have any good rotation options. The online manual also says that with the dodge tailshaft housing, only one rotation option is available. I don't mind redrilling as long as I don't compromise the strength of the tailshaft housing. I just don't want a 110lb Atlas 2 breaking off the back of my tranny. I also want some confirmed info on rotation choices before I go wasting money on more parts.

As for the length, the GM 32 spline version is 1.7" longer than the dodge 23/29 spline versions. I was just wondering if there was an even shorter version available. I don't think I would spend the money to go 1.7" shorter using dodge parts; but I would spend money if there was a 3"-4" shorter version available.

When spending @ $3000.00 for Atlas 2, tranny parts and d-shafts, I just want to be informed and have the best combo available.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts